The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cyclone Manifold Porting Ported

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

"OEM Plus"

will take a better picture tomorrow... but this, I think, adds to the valve cover instead of taking away.

Looks good man. I'm waiting to see how yours turns out... I've got one laying around that I might go at and port the hell out of it if your's turns out good! :thumb:

Yea, i can't wait until you get this thing on and give us your thoughts on it. I wish you were running a turbo that's more the size of mine so i could have a better comparison on low end from one manifold to the other ( or at least your opinion of it)

I think the blue added on is just enough to be tastefull, but i think you should balance it out and add some to the lower half of the intake. Maybe mask off and just do the short runners in blue and either leave the long ones polished or make them another color like red.. If you have red on your car it would look kinda cool to use red and blue to loosely represent "hot " and "cold" runners (not that they are, but i'm just talking about the look of the colors when together usually designating temperature) .. but i guess that might look a little cheesy anyway, it was just the first thing that came to my mind :D Especially if you used "metal cast" spray paint in red..over polish it looks tits, just like anodized aluminum :)

Yea, i can't wait until you get this thing on and give us your thoughts on it. I wish you were running a turbo that's more the size of mine so i could have a better comparison on low end from one manifold to the other ( or at least your opinion of it)

I think the blue added on is just enough to be tastefull, but i think you should balance it out and add some to the lower half of the intake. Maybe mask off and just do the short runners in blue and either leave the long ones polished or make them another color like red.. If you have red on your car it would look kinda cool to use red and blue to loosely represent "hot " and "cold" runners (not that they are, but i'm just talking about the look of the colors when together usually designating temperature) .. but i guess that might look a little cheesy anyway, it was just the first thing that came to my mind :D Especially if you used "metal cast" spray paint in red..over polish it looks tits, just like anodized aluminum :)

(hey I sent you an email I don't know if you got it)

I swear you must be a mind reader!

Well, first off that actually is metal cast paint... well, whatever the Krylon brand is... which, by the way, comes off very easy if it's not baked and clearcoated with PPG

Second... I was actually going to do a red white and blue (red silver and blue) color scheme like I did on my Vee Dubs back in the day... but I decided that the car is red, i'm leaving the engine bay red... there's enough red... So, since I dinged the hell out of the valve cover between coats, and stripped it down, the valve cover is going to be electric metallic blue... it's an anodized blue with a very slight hint of purple. It's the color in post #18

One of the reasons I went silver is because most of the manifold is not visible when mounted. I thought the whole thing being blue was too much and it made the manifold dissapear in the shade... not to mention it screamed "custom!".

With the valve cover sitting over the runners, the silver provides just enough offset to show off the valve cover, while also making the manifold stand out. And I incorporated the same color blue into the lettering, so that it flows together.

Thanks for all the comments:thumb:

Got you e-mail and replyinh after i finish this post :D

I can't wait to see the finished prioduct :D

this is about how much of the manifold that will be seen in the car... the head and the valve cover will be in the way

Pictures still suck because it's raining outside (ugh)... which prevented me from doing any more painting (humidity)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Alot of people wonder how a mustang could run a second quicker in the quarter mile, with the same horsepower as a turbo four-banger...... flatter power curve
I have a strong feeling that this mod will be a perfect combination with high-lift, short duration, higher compression, high boost, heavy porting.... probably similar to a displacement increase without the drawbacks

A also did something with the secondary valves that might create a variable port effect... Even if it doesn't, what I did can only help.... I'll have proof when I watch the valve release... If it works, I might try a larger vacuum canister to increase the effect... but this is all hypothetical for the time being

Yea what about a final product buddy? I wanna see how it came out?

This is quite an old thread but I can give you my personal experience with the Cyclone.
It WILL help with spoolup and it DOES make more low/mid power than stock 1g. The topend to me feels as good, if not better too.
It has a very smooth, radiused entry into the runners from the plenum and appears the plenum is designed to force the air into the runners.
If you get it working right, they are really nice for the street. Car just feels more responsive all over!
I also noticed it helped with power on the launch quite a bit too, but I used a wastegate actuator for operation and it may not be as helpful with rpm activation

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back