The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

cyclone intake manifold parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GsxEcutioner

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2007
San Bruno, California
I am awaiting on a cyclone manifold, It does not have gaskets or the vac canister.I saw that the JNZ is 60$ for the gaskets and 30$ for the canister. Is anyone on here running a homemade gasket? and a different /cheaper canister? If so what is it? and how much? Thanks
-Shane

I am. Its seen 30 plus lbs of boost. I didnt know where to get the gaskets so i got the gray gasket roll they sell at advance and it works without any leaks. I took a hammer and laid the gasket over the surface i was making and tapped it out with a hammer and it cut the gasket to the shape and then i put a paper thin layer of rtv on both sides of the gasket. I did the upper and lower parts of the cyclone. Passes a boost leak every time.

As for the vacuum canister i have seen people mount a waste gate actuator to replace the canister.

I was under the impression that if you use v3 and a fpr you still need te canister, is this correct?

I was under the impression that if you use v3 and a fpr you still need te canister, is this correct?

If you use a fpr solenoid and ecu control (or rpm switch) you need a vacuum canister.

Some people will mount a wastegate to control the Cyclone, by boost.
But it is most effective when activated by rpm.

The stock rpm activation on the Galants(?) was 4100 or 4300.
On DSMs most activate lower at 3500 - 3750, or what ever works best with their turbo and motor.

Gaskets weren't available when I put mine together, so I just used RTV. Never leaked with boost past 25 psi. But I did end up getting some RTV in the PCV ports inside the manifold, but was easily cleaned out.

what about manifold to head? you cant RTV it can you? and what canister are you using?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back