The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

cxracing turbo manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerzy4x4

Probationary Member
Oct 27, 2012
bellmawr, New_Jersey
Has anyone used this and if it worth it. Its 117 before shipper. I need a new turbo manifold bad and alittle short on cash. My manifold has been rewelded so many times it still leaks flange is warped.

The 2g o2 housing and a 2g exhaust manifold both good parts to get on a 1g dsm. Stay away from cheap made tubular manifolds. They may look pretty but will rather become scrap metal rather quick with cheaps welds and no power gains leading to money well wasted.

I bought one of those once, but luckily I sold it before I ever used it. I ended up going with a 1g manifold, that now sits collecting dust, because I picked up a FP race manifold when they were on sale.

I use their silicone couplers and their T bolt clamps, never had an issue with them.

Well call me crazy I rather be sure then lucky. CX is nothing but ebay garbage. Come on people buy quality pieces. Its your car do as you want with it but nothing of good quality comes from CXracing Its cause of company like this alot of quality pieces are being discontinued.

I recommend not to buy from companies like this one but at the end of the day its your car.

CXRacing isn't a bad company.
There are certain things like their intercoolers and downpipes which are good to use. But when it comes down to something like the exhaust manifold, which is holding quite a good amount of weight from the turbo and o2 housing, you want something that will not crack and break, as mentioned above, such as the OEM exhaust manifold.
Get yourself a good 2g manifold, if you want, have it ported, and you'll be good to go for a very long time.

The IC core has made some power, the rest is just mass produced "meh".

Anything BUT the core should be set on fire and videotaped.

That said, you could spend a bit more and keep places that support DSMs in business. Too bad this generation is forgot the "class" part of the old saying.

Read this

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/381256-bought-cxracing-header-ebay-does-not-fit.html

Your crazy

Just so you know the intercooler is a good set up cause it's the same kit as the punishment racing kit so the Couplers and t bolt clamps are ok.

Besides the fmic kit I wouldn't buy anything from cx racing.

Your right which I have on my DSM PR FMIC changed every coupler, t-bolt and BOV on the kit. The couplers on the kit are so cheap and the clamps, I dont think cheaper ones exist every single one of them broke if not nut froze.

If it werent for PR being a great vendor here I would of never purchased it.

Poor fitment, even worse fans. Locate and use your shift key.

I use to run a cxracing radiator worked great until I switched to a mishimoto one. No problems with eather. No matter the product welds can always break. Just look for good craftmanship and you will be good.

Pick up a FP Cast Race Mani. They're cheap, proven to work, and better than stock.

Yea if you want a dsm flanged mani grab an FP or just a used 2g and get to work with some carbide bits and an air die! You can really port out a 2g to flow great. Mine is heaviy ported along with the o2 housing and flows more than i thought possible. You can find either a 2g or FP used in the classifieds for very cheap. Just look around.

Also, as far as cxracing goes: Iuse their radiator and it fits perfectly and is of hih quality. I can say that. I also have an afpr from them that works great. Though the afpr started causing overnight fuel pressure drops recently. So i would steer clear of that one LOL, unless you like cranking your car for5 to 8 seconds to start it!

I never had a CXracing manifold for the talon, But i did have a Ebay manifold that was on my old daily driver, civic. When i bought the civic the manifold was already crack, so i bought a new one off ebay because i didn't want to deal with the ic pipes and placement issues. The ebay mani got the job done for my usage, 9lbs of boost on a t3/t4 and daily driven. As, I wasn't seeking for high power or higher boost. Took it to the drag strip a couple of times. Seen no issue there. Lasted me a whole summer before i sold the civic, and it was still in working order with no sign of cracks or anything. I probably put about 7000 miles on it without a heavy foot :)

I also have an afpr from them that works great. Though the afpr started causing overnight fuel pressure drops recently. So i would steer clear of that one LOL,
Think, THEN click the little keys with letters.
I never had a CXracing manifold for the talon, But i did have a Ebay manifold )
As Ebay is not a product manufacturer (crazy, right?), you likely had the same Chinese junk.

Why people praise CXRacing I will never understand. Are they sponsering you? NO Do you work for them? No. There products are garbage anyone with any sense can see that. Stick to quality products and if possible Made in the USA (aeromotive, Tial, autometer) lets bring jobs back to the states.

Ok you bought a cheap part and 1000 miles later its still working big accomplisment. Please dont come on here and quote me how I am wrong and CX makes great products they don't let it go. Answer me this did you buy that CX product cause of the great reviews or people recommenctions NO you bought it cause it was CHEAP.

Thank you for the welcome to the dsm world. I end up finding brand new pasesetter turbo manifold with ceramic coating for pretty cheap. I used pasesetter headers on my jeep cherokee and never had a prob with them so I'm hoping the same for my dsm. Only other pasts I got from cxracing was a fmic kit and a o2housing downpipe combination. Actuly waitting on that in the mail right now. Iv had my dsm for about 5 months now and so far only put about 50 miles on it because of all the prob with it. But this weekend the downpipe should the last part I need to be able to go out and see what this car can do. Thank you guys for your imput on my question hope some day we can all go for a cruse because the more I work on my dsm the more I fall inlove with it.

So far... I have personally purchased 3 radiator's, 3 intercooler's, 2 turbo's (probably 1 more this summer), 2 turbo exhaust manifolds, one was cast other was tubular stainless (going to be ordering 1-2 more this summer), some random flanges, pipes, coupler's and fittings... I have had no problems with any of it. Two of the car's which the parts went on are pretty much weekend drift cars... So yeah, they get pushed pretty hard. Not all cxracing parts are great... Maybe somebody showed up to work hungover, started building parts (who know's, IDK), I haven't ran into those problems YET, but I can say they CAN make some decent stuff that seems to be holding up. Obviously they don't have the quality control as a company selling a similiar manifold for 3-4 times as much. But check out the new exhaust manifold they just released for 4g63's... Looks tough to me...

I bought the CX Racing kit off eBay that includes the tubular mani, 16g, and the hardware and lines. My experience was that none of the hardware worked and the turbo dyed after about a year. In that year the mani held up fine. I am now using the same mani with a big heavy ass hx35 and it is still holding up ~4 months later. I also have it wrapped.

Take from this what you will, I bought the kit to try it out and get me going. eBay is always a gamble for the simple fact most of the sellers have no "quality control" and they all get product from the same place usually. I personally think you can get some great dead on eBay on used part etc.

For anyone that says me buying from eBay is hurting the vendors here, but I give the vendors plenty of business and am a loyal customer to them. Between STM, extreme psi, and fp I never have a paycheck LOL.

Its a hit or miss when purchasing products from ebay. I try to stay away from any knock off products but I know ppl who has had good success from them. Id suggest a nice 2g mani or even the FP. You can get a 2g at nearly the same price and you know it will work. I think the FP is about $100 more than the CXR one but sometimes that $100 can save you a lot more money in the end. Whatever you do, it's your car so good luck

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back