The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G CV joints, tsi vs esi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrbeast

Probationary Member
Aug 17, 2010
Waianae, Hawaii
Hi I'm having a bit of trouble and could use some help.

I recently bought a 95 Talon TSI FWD, and took it to a mechanic. The mechanic says that i need to replace my front passenger side CV joint. I called around to buy the part, but no one seems to have it on the island (i live in hawaii), so ive been doing some searching online and found a place where i can get a CV joint (remanufactured) for about $60.

The only thing that confuses me is that it says its for a 95 Talon ESI FWD, and I have a 95 TSI. I'm wondering if it will work?

I did some searching around the forums, and i noticed one guy asked about a non turbo Eclipse CV joint working for a turbo eclipse, but no one answered him (if there is another post somewhere answering this question then i humbly apologize).

Also, this is my first post (i just registered) and look forward to learning alot about dsm's (i am almost completely car illiterate LOL) and vehicles in general :).
Thank you all for your time ^^

Give Raxles.com a call if you don't have any luck sourcing one locally. The 2G NT drive train bears no resemblance to the turbo models as far as I am aware.

try ebay.. if not check the classifieds on here. might cost a bit more since u live in hawaii,..

I am so sorry for the late reply! But thanks everyone for your input :). I thought I had thanked everyone here, but the TSI was FWD and they worked just fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back