The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

CV Boot Clamps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncampos92562

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2009
Murrieta/Rivers, California
Oh how I want to throw these clamps across the street.

So I'm either stupid, have the wrong tool, dont know how to use said tool, or my car hates me. I can't, to save my life, get these cv clamps tight. I went and bought the pliers thinking I need them, but come find out I can't even find any info on how to use them(even online).

So how do I get these tight?

This car is going to take years off my life.

i bought a kit for the air pressure sensors...like on fords..it came with the all the stuff needed.
..OR what i used to do before i knew about them..is use some strong bailing wire..wrap it around one good time twins it tight and snip it clean..then do another right next to it... it worked perfect.

there are a bunch of videos on youtube showing changing axle boots and CV's. Watching them might help you out.

Last edited:
I did not look a the pictures posted. But I do remember feeling lost doing the boot clamps.

Without purchasing special clamp pincher tools, I used a small alligator pliers.

With this I pinched, carefully, slowly.

I knew if I used end nibblers or diagonals I might cut the clamp.

Have not checked the installation since doing it.

But it pulled the clamp tight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back