The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Front Driverside CV Axle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzyjay

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2003
South_CarolinaUS
I just bought Part # 7927 for Auto Zone It is the front left axle(drivers side) for the 90 GSX. The problem is that axle is only half. I did not know it was two separate parts. The inner has the carrier bearing and the axle that goes in the tranny. I have the outer.How do I separate the axles Or I checke the Vfaq but nothing there. Did not want to just go and start hitting with a hammer :confused:

I figuferd it out :cool:

I put the Carrier bear backet in the vice and taped the axle out

I did not know how to do it in the beginning, and I am only running my car in FWD without the transfer case. So the bolts on the block where easy to get to. The next time I know how to save time :shhh:

AWDPetmitsu said:
Were you not able to separated the axle from the carrier bearing with the whole assembly in the car? Did you have to drain the transmission to get the whole assembly off?

When i replaced my axle I took the whole assembly out. I think you would have a very hard time leaving half the axle in the car. Make sure you drain the tranny first otherwise fluid will spill out the shaft hole. :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back