The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Cuts out at 5500RPM and running rich

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinTurboDsm

Probationary Member
May 14, 2012
Lawton, Michigan
I have a 92 1g AWD laser 14B turbo all stock besides, egr delete, vaccum reduction, MAF was gutted, and catless exhaust.

My car cuts out at 5,500 RPM and sometimes sounds like a rev-limiter. IM sure its running rich because i can smell gas while driving, Anyone have this problem?

-THANKS

exhaust has no leaks but no sure on the boost leak it holds at around 10psi with a MBC its will try to go to 14psi but goes back to 10psi holds there pretty good.

I hope its not the ECU whats the best way to check for boost leaks on these. Just a guess but would spraying the intercooler and piping with soapy water work.

exhaust has no leaks but no sure on the boost leak it holds at around 10psi with a MBC its will try to go to 14psi but goes back to 10psi holds there pretty good.

I hope its not the ECU whats the best way to check for boost leaks on these. Just a guess but would spraying the intercooler and piping with soapy water work.

Spraying soapy water yes, but you have to pressurize the intake tract first with a boost leak tester - either home made or pre-made. Spray everywhere that sees pressure - all couplers, intercooler, throttle body, injectors/injector seals, etc. Don't worry too much about *if* it's the ECU, it's a last-option thing and ours can almost always be repaired. I just had mine repaired and socketed from a "well known" company and it helped everything :D
Start with the boost leak test though, probably 90% of all problems our cars have come from boost leaks and are usually easily and cheaply fixed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back