The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink cut out at high rpms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleque

Probationary Member
Apr 25, 2016
Des Moines, Iowa
was wondering if i can get a 2nd option, is there something wrong with my values that causes me to cut out at higher rpms? on my cruise i tried to do a pull in 1st/2nd gear, been having this problem for a bit. i notice when getting up to 4-5k rpms around 5psi boost i start cutting out, and my maf seems to drop. still have some forums to go through links/advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• cruise 1st2nd pulls.elg
    295.2 KB · Views: 21
Need some more information. Looking at your log, it looks like you have speed density halfway enabled, but there's also not really a tune on the car at all.

What mods have you done?

I see fuel pump is the only upgrade in your profile. Is this correct?

How does the knock sensor look? Is the goo melted? I've never seen a signal like this 3.2 counts or nothing.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Please capture and display the following
ISC position
STFT
LTFT
CombinedFT
WBFactor
MAF
Battery
ECUboost

I only have fuel pump 255 and high flow fuel rail, everything else is just basic maintenance/repairs.

I see fuel pump is the only upgrade in your profile. Is this correct?

How does the knock sensor look? Is the goo melted? I've never seen a signal like this 3.2 counts or nothing.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Please capture and display the following
ISC position
STFT
LTFT
CombinedFT
WBFactor
MAF
Battery
ECUboostto
I will do another log. To capture these value you have to do f10 And add these values? I’ll take a look at my knock sensor as well

I only have fuel pump 255 and high flow fuel rail, everything else is just basic maintenance/repairs.

I will do another log. To capture these value you have to do f10 And add these values? I’ll take a look at my knock sensor as well
I use the edit tab on top. Capture them display. Iirc you have to do this while streaming.

Stock injectors? Do you have wb and is it wired to ecu? Is there anything else wired to ecu?

I use the edit tab on top. Capture them display. Iirc you have to do this while streaming.

Stock injectors? Do you have wb and is it wired to ecu? Is there anything else wired to ecu?
Stock injectors I have wide band but it’s not connected to ecu yet, I figured I’ll mess with it afterwards since it should be able to drive fine without it.

Stock injectors I have wide band but it’s not connected to ecu yet, I figured I’ll mess with it afterwards since it should be able to drive fine without it.
You need to wire that in to dial in the maf compensation especially wot. Plus you want to see what’s going on before and when you’re having issues.

Are you running speed density? if you're not and still have the MAF and the car is stock, load up this tune.

Attachments

• Stock 2g.ecm
    4.2 KB · Views: 13
Are you running speed density? if you're not and still have the MAF and the car is stock, load up this tune.
I have everything connected to run speed density but did not change anything in ecu to read speed density.( I don’t believe) still understanding how SD works, would it be beneficial to tune of SD or MAF?

Can you list everything that's done to the car?
Installed -
ebay t28 turbo
VRFS intercooler
Aem high flow fuel rail
255walbro fuel pump
Aftermarket valve seals, valves
Removed balance shaft
Timing belt/water pump
This is pretty much it most of it I replace because it failed or was broken. Some unnecessary installs like high flow fuel rail, I do still have the stock fuel rail I can reinstall.

Ok cool. And then for speed density you have a map sensor and an IAT installed?
IAT installed not connected and I bought the kit that comes with the 4 Omni bar map harness that connects into maf(4 bar is not connected either). I also have aem wide band sensor installed but not connected. Was going to look for a write up for connecting wires.( seems like it’s just going to replace my front O2 sensor wire on ecm)

Ok yeah get all of that connected to the ECU. Your problem with driving right now is the Ecu has been told to ignore the maf because you're running speed density, but you don't have any of the speed density sensor defined in the inputs tap. So the car has no clue what to do.

I don’t think the problem you’re having has anything to do with the tune since it pretty much stock. You may find something when you go over that checklist. Take a look at the plugs and check for any damage

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back