The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Custom Turbo on a 420A Motor!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitzEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2002
Kearny, New_Jersey
Okay guys.. i have a krew that has all 4g63s.. fast as hell.. and their mad smart.... anyways we all decided i should turbo charge my 420a motor...does anybody know what i need..

I have the T-25 turbo, Exhaust Manifold, Wastegates, Custom Intake Pipe, Custom Down Pipe to Exhaust, oil return line

does anybody know what else i need

i heard i had to change the
fuel pump,
clutch ( i already have performance so im not worried)

Anybody know anything else i need? please help...

wastegates? plural?
:D singular

you'll need a boost gauge, boost controller(electronical or manual)
the fuel pump will only be needed if you raise boost past 5-8psi.
I believe and if you raise boost you will probably need larger
than stock injectors.

You will also need a way to monitor wheather or not your car
is running lean on rich. AKA get an Apex AFC
And your exhaust may need to be a larger diameter to handle
the flow. My advice intall it and get it to a Dyno as soon as you can.

Later
Mike

Yeah, you are missing tons of #@%#@%#@%#@%.

Im interested in what manifold you have? Who made your custom downpipe with the turbo/manifold not on the car? Why do you have wastegate(s)? Just one pipe? Just an oil return line? Where is the oil coming from to return?

custom downpipe go to a muffler place that has those bending machines.. im not doin the downpipe untill my turbo and everything is connected.. my downpipe is last... from the turbo to the cat.....as soon as everything is done... i can have it 2.5 inch or 3.0 inch.. i already have a catback exhaust custom.. but the exhaust is axle back greddy sp

my boys are goin to help me put the turbo and stuff

with the boost control im goin to get that manual turbo xs i think makes it goes for liek $78 and ill get a cheap boost gauge too LOL

Manifold is easy.. to get.. umm ebay.com usually they come up.. try search engines... Turbo Exhaust Manifold 420A motor they have them.. trust me u have to look around websites... umm they usually go for like 100~160 bucks... check dealers call chrysler ... u can make your own turbo for less then 1g im tellin you

umm sorry.. Wastegate.. all my parts are used by the way.. and when im done ill take pictures guys.. its a lil project u know

o yea with the oil return line my friends have all the pipings needed its all goin to be custom made.. i asked them before and they said they can drill a hole in the oil pan or something

ill make sure of that checklist too thanks redgs95 and everybody else who helped me.. anything else guys? u think i might need

Find me a made turbo manifold that fits a 420A for $150.

Here is my custom manifold.
http://www.dakotadsm.com/pictures/turbo/turbo_manifold2.jpg

Here is my intercooler and piping. Only 1 pipe had to be modified for my setup.
http://www.evulflea.com/intercooler1.jpg

You need some sort of AFPR
http://www.dakotadsm.com/pictures/turbo/sfmu3.jpg

Some sort of FCD. (replaced the HRC with ML)
http://www.dakotadsm.com/pictures/turbo/hrc_fcd.jpg

Some sort of HP fuel pump
http://www.dakotadsm.com/pictures/turbo/fuel_pump.jpg

Obivously a bunch of other parts I use: injectors, o2 flange, HKS BOV, gaskets, fuel line, fittings, oil lines, gauges, turbo timer, couples, ties, and a million other little parts.

while you're at it you might as well get rid of that t-25 you can't do a whole lot with those.

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Yeah, you are missing tons of #@%#@%#@%#@%.

Im interested in what manifold you have? Who made your custom downpipe with the turbo/manifold not on the car? Why do you have wastegate(s)? Just one pipe? Just an oil return line? Where is the oil coming from to return?

I knew you'd pipe in here. ;)

Ok well you posted a link to an exhaust manifold flange, a few cast iron pieces, a turbo flange, and a little mounting piece for the turbo flange. You might as well just make on yourself since you still have to cut the piece to fit, weld, cut a hole for where you want the exhaust to come out of, weldl that in, weld the turbo flange up, and then hopefully you made it so it fits right. Might as well buy a premade one that is proven for $100 more.

The one I have has been tested to outflow HRC's manifold I guess too :) Under $300 and came drilled for EGT gauge too. Can't go wrong.

John I figured you would reply too, just because you are a post whore and I see your name about a million times a day reading through this board. Some people just have a fascination with cucumbers I guess. Stay away from AIDS.

Peace

i am doing a similar project, i just researched it a lil more.... what i had done for an exhaust manifold was i have a guy i know cut the stock manifold, took all the pipes off, all that was left looked like a big exhaust mani gasket, and he built me a header manifold from a 89 pontiac grand am with a quad4, the pipes were perfect, and he used a flang that i bold my garrett t3t4 hybrid to, 3 inch down pipe, blah blah.... all the way back, what i did for a fuel pump was a 36psi fuel pump out of a 1985 porsche 944s, and i used injectors out of a 96 stratus 2.4liter (50cc over the 2.0 420a) mandel bent pipes from monro muffler...... BOV from a 1991 mazda mx6 gt turbo, just to get me started, cant forget about the $55 missing link, the hard part is finding a place to get oil from. the coolant was easy, i just taped into the hose coming from the heater core, ngk PLUGS, 10.3mm wires..... thats about it.... oh yea a saab 2 1/4 quart SMIC. all my pipes are 2.5 inches i belive, all dont with spray can anadize!!! i'll get some pics in the spring:dsm:

Originally posted by 99 gst 420a dsm
i am doing a similar project, i just researched it a lil more.... what i had done for an exhaust manifold was i have a guy i know cut the stock manifold, took all the pipes off, all that was left looked like a big exhaust mani gasket, and he built me a header manifold from a 89 pontiac grand am with a quad4, the pipes were perfect, and he used a flang that i bold my garrett t3t4 hybrid to, 3 inch down pipe, blah blah.... all the way back, what i did for a fuel pump was a 36psi fuel pump out of a 1985 porsche 944s, and i used injectors out of a 96 stratus 2.4liter (50cc over the 2.0 420a) mandel bent pipes from monro muffler...... BOV from a 1991 mazda mx6 gt turbo, just to get me started, cant forget about the $55 missing link, the hard part is finding a place to get oil from. the coolant was easy, i just taped into the hose coming from the heater core, ngk PLUGS, 10.3mm wires..... thats about it.... oh yea a saab 2 1/4 quart SMIC. all my pipes are 2.5 inches i belive, all dont with spray can anadize!!! i'll get some pics in the spring:dsm:
Your going to need a diff fuel pump Bro. #6psi ain't gonna do nothing. Our stock static fuel pressure is like 45-50psi. You need to buy the whalbro, or a real inline pump that will flow fuel. Your pressures are going to be in the 95-100 psi range.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back