The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Custom Short Throttle Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmj89

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2008
Miami, Florida
Didn't see a post where anyone did a short firewall to throttle body cable for a 2g so i decided to post up a pic of my modified cable i did yesterday afternoon.

Still missing the bracket on the cable so i can bolt it down to the manifold but it is working great.

All that was needed to be done was some bending of the tube and done.

Your gas pedal will be very soft and sensitive after this mod but you'll get used to it in a day.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Just got done finishing up the bracket. Unwelded it from the old throttle cable, wire wheeled it a bit and bolted it right up.

Complete.

I also verified that i am getting 100% WOT. :thumb:

I did that to mine, but I found a way to do it without welding. I wish I would have took pics of the process, Then I would do a how to. Everyone says that to do it you MUST get a not cruise control cable, but me being a Mechanical CAD Enginer, found a way to delete my cruise, and make the throttle cable really short. Looks good though, Keep modding!

Nate

Thanks Nate. All it takes is some creativity and you can save money in many ways.

Yup! Not all mods require tons of money. I did my tail light mod this weekend and it didn't cost me a dime. I am relocating the fuel filler to the center tail light section for when I repaint I can shave it off, so I made it so to fill her up, pop the hatch, and on the top of the center tail light, there is a button. Press the button and the center tail light hinges down to reveal the filler neck and cap. turned out really nice, just have to get a new filler neck and the hose to run it, paint the tail light and it's done. Cheap/free mods can sometimes be the most fun.

Well, the pics were deleted, so this post is useless now. Sigh....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back