The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Custom Gauge Spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A_Hobbs

Probationary Member
Sep 16, 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Does anyone have any custom gauge spots inside there car? I don't really want to put mine up the pillar, everyone does that. I want something different like taking out my a/c vents and inserting them in there. What do you guys think?

Hate to break it to you... but a ton of people have put gauges into their vents...

Ok, would you know how I would even be able to put them in there without drilling holes or is there a custom piece I would need to get? Also where would be a unique spot not many people have?

yeah that's where mine are.It is a little better i think than the typical side pods. I just used a piece of plexiglass and traced the stock center vents.

I cut the main shape with a exhaust cutter to make sure I can smooth the shape down for a good fit. Then I got a normal gauge whatever one you can to trace that to make the holes for the gauges. Space them apart and cut them to size. I used a aluminum bit to make the gauges holes. I do suck at explaining things so i hope that help a tiny bit.

Or maybe someone makes these center gauge pods to buy but its super super cheap to make it. and easy.

i did have better pics of me making it but it seems that i deleted them. But this what i right now. I can get more pics for you if you need.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've thought about this a good amount. Problem is there's only a few locations you can mount gauges - they must be easy to see while driving. I don't like the 3 gauge pillar I have now, it just doesn't fit all that well. I went out and bought another vent face and plan on installing 3 gauges in there.

Have you searched for ideas? I already made a thread similar to this. Check it out you may get some more ideas, also a freelancer posted some of his work in that thread.

Also a HUD would be cool!!

:hmm: He's got a 2g

Last edited:
I really like the ones going up the right side of the center console.. But wouldn't know how to mount them!? Also the ones where the vents are is cool.. It just would be nice to do something creative that not many people have.

I really like the ones going up the right side of the center console.. But wouldn't know how to mount them!? Also the ones where the vents are is cool.. It just would be nice to do something creative that not many people have.

JB weld some threaded rods where you want to hold the gauges, let it dry, and tighten with locking nuts. Wire it up, and install into the dash.

well. if youve taken out your heat and a/c like me. you could do what I did.

well. if youve taken out your heat and a/c like me. you could do what I did.

Two questions (choose your question)
(1) Why wouldn't you wan't A/C -or- heat in a DD?
(2) Why would you want a touch screen double-din head unit in a track car?

Two questions (choose your question)
(1) Why wouldn't you wan't A/C -or- heat in a DD?
(2) Why would you want a touch screen double-din head unit in a track car?

I am with this guy. Lol. I still have a/c and am shooting for 600hp. I really like the gauges that mount were the passenger airbag go. Also look into the steering column cluster. That's my favorite spot.

My ac don't work. So there's a guy on here (glowryder) makes them. You send him your core and hell make it. You can put it in your vent or your ac bezel. I've seen people put them where the ac controls are and a custom part on your airbag. There use to be a bezel that when on your steering column. They also have a piece that cluster bezel. I like to monitor everything so I have the gauge cluster, vent, and pillar.

I like the cigarette lighter spot in second gens. When I get mine thats where my boost gauge is going.

That's just plain scary that people want to go around boosting, and looking down at the floors. How many dsm'rs are going around doing this? It's scary!

I like the cigarette lighter spot in second gens. When I get mine thats where my boost gauge is going.

That's probably not that good. I would put the boost gauge in plain view. I would use that location for maybe a volt or temp gauge.

I know I mentioned glowryder but I can't stress enough how amazing his work is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back