The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

custom gauge pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spcloud

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2007
lafayette, Colorado
I just got a couple new gauges and decided to change the location of my gauges. It's still a work in progress. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 148
  • photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 144
  • photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 126
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 119
I agree, I have my WBo2 in the cig lighter location, and I HATE it there. I will be moveing it as soon as I get new guages on the way. I would put oil pressure and cooland temp there personally, not something that I look at all the time like boost/WB

Looks good though!:thumb:

Oil pressure sounds good. Esp because you have a rough estimate in the dash. I was thinking coolant temp myself. I really want a [high temp warning] buzzer for that as well. Been meaning to look into that for a while.

I used 2" PVC and filed them a little so the gauges would fit. The gauges I'm pitting there are the prosport EVO boost and WB. I tested them to see how well I could see them and I can see them perfect, except for first gear the shift knob covers the left gauge just a little. I'm liking it a lot. Thanks for all the comments.

Thanks,
Scott

Wow! Very cool looking. GREAT if your going for a sleeper look for sure. I might have to look into doing this. That or delete the bottom "din" of the radio/headunit area and do what glowryder did.

Very cool though!

Testing this color what do you think?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315690906.681293.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315690906.681293.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 84
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315690946.750674.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315690946.750674.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 80
Prosport Evo gauges...i had a set, and i had such a bad time with glare. They are so nice, but i couldnt take it.

I am thinking about doing something like this in my 1g. I want to use a set of small i think 1 5/8 inch gauges in the top area of the radio and leave the stereo at the bottom. I have the dual gauge setup for the vent and that has the boost and soon to be the wideband in it. Then I am thinking small oil pressure, coolant temp and voltage gauges above the radio. But I want all electronic gauges as they are easier to wire in. I like how yours looks tho. The fab work looks clean and I like the color u used.

The color looks really good. Im with a few of the others on putting the wideband and boost guage down so far though. But if thats where you like them then so be it. Seems to be too much eye travel for me for guages I look at every two seconds. I think overall the setup is pretty sick though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back