The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Custom FMIC on a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TSI505

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2003
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
I'm getting ready now to buy a FMIC,and i wanted to see if anyone on here has or knows someone with a custom FMIC on there 1g.I really want to keep my existing blow thru intercooler piping because i paid good money for it and it's not even old.What i was wanting to do was buy a Spearco core and custom fabricate the turbo to intercooler piping,the intercooler to TB piping will be mostly already there with the exception of a short extension from the new FMIC.Anyone seen a setup like this before?Any Pics?What would the pro's and con's be?Thanks in advance:)

the only good way to use the piping u paid for is using a top to bottom flow IC that allows u to use the pipes u got. But u will have longer pining and that will effet the performance of teh cooling system. I suggest getting a street core with new piping, for shortest route to the TB and have them split the UIC for the blow though MAF. Then seel ur current UIC taking a small hit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back