The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Custom A/C Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
In the not too distant future from now, I plan on rebuilding some of my A/C lines. The lines aren't damaged, but they pose another problem. They're an eye-sore. I have begun work on tucking my engine bay and hiding all the components that take away from what I want it to look like. The A/C lines being some of them. I found the tool set I want to buy to re-crimp the line fittings, but don't know what type of fittings our cars use. I do intend on reusing the end fittings that bolt to the compressor, condenser, and the drier, so those shouldn't be an issue, just those crimp sleeve fittings. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

I have found these, but don't think they look anything like DSM A/C fittings.
https://coldhose.com/fittings.html
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

EDIT:
I looked further into the site I linked, and found these Denso end fittings, But wouldn't that mean I'd need to rebuild the entire hardline too? But I guess if I did that, I could use any fitting on the other end for the flex hose. Are our end able to come off and be reused?

Last edited:
Tom,

I believe I have the Discharge line still intact somewhere (part number MR315085). I can try taking some pictures of the ends for you if that would help? One end is definitely o-ringed like that "AA1278" part from your pic, and the other is I believe metric o-ring threaded male end.

Personally I wouldn't risk doing a crimp job myself unless I really knew what I was doing. I'd gather all the necessary ends, then measure how much flex or hard line I can run while making it more tucked in than OEM, then I'll take all those ends to an AC shop and have them aluminum-solder and crimp everything together. I'm curious as to how exactly you can make the lines more hidden.

I'm considering having a shop do the crimping. The tool alone is $150, and for only a handful of crimps, it's not cost effective. But I've bought plenty of specialty tools in the past and only used them once or twice, but they also didn't cost that much. We'll see on that.

The line circled in yellow is the main line I'm tucking, I'm going to have it running either under the frame rail, or through it. That's a big decision for later. The one in red I'd like to tuck, in the same place as the large one, but not sure if I'm going to yet. I'm getting my own hand tube bender to play around with some ideas before I commit to changing that one.

I'm considering having a shop do the crimping. The tool alone is $150, and for only a handful of crimps, it's not cost effective. But I've bought plenty of specialty tools in the past and only used them once or twice, but they also didn't cost that much. We'll see on that.

The line circled in yellow is the main line I'm tucking, I'm going to have it running either under the frame rail, or through it. That's a big decision for later. The one in red I'd like to tuck, in the same place as the large one, but not sure if I'm going to yet. I'm getting my own hand tube bender to play around with some ideas before I commit to changing that one.

OOoooooh I like the THROUGH frame rail idea!!!!!

Pretty sure "Swageloc" would be the way to go for what you are doing........check them out.

Heres a look at how they can be used. This is not my work. But you get the idea.

Last edited:
I recommend the Aeroquip EZ clip system. It's what I used on my car and I recommended it to another member that had success with it. The tools are pretty inexpensive and it's easy to use. Their catalog has a number of fittings that you'd just have to match up, or you can use their ez clip lifesaver kits to cut a factory line and adapt one of their lines onto. The lifesaver kits call for brazing, but I had mine tig welded on instead as I couldn't find anyone local to braze.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back