The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

custom 420a turbo kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-dogg10

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2002
brookfield_illinois
has anyone ever attempted putting togeather a turbo kit using stock parts from a gs-t?. . .if so, how much boost can you hold, time and custom fabrication. . .and anyother stuff i left out:talon: :dsm:

Originally posted by siueclipse
you can't use many if any stock parts from a gst [/QUOTE}
true.. a couple of guys have build custom turbo kits around here though, for much cheaper i believe, but with more headaches.. u just need the basics, turbo, manifold, oil line kit, fpr, vacum lines, bov, intercooler, intercooler piping, rubber couplings for intercooler, fuel pump, internal or external, boost gauge, downpipe.. and some other stuff im sure im missing, someone will add it in though.!:thumb:

A turbo kit is pretty simple but using parts off a 4g63 just isn't logical. You may have better luck getting parts off of other factory turbo cars.

does a turbo charged dodge neon still use the 420a?. . .if so, what about parts from that?

That's not true Bd it is the 420a, it's the 2.4L though. What motor did you think it was? Yeah this could be feesable but cost would be high. That car is brand new so the parts will not just be in a junkyard somewhere, you'll have to get them from the dealer.

Originally posted by Kirby
That's not true Bd it is the 420a, it's the 2.4L though. What motor did you think it was? Yeah this could be feesable but cost would be high. That car is brand new so the parts will not just be in a junkyard somewhere, you'll have to get them from the dealer.
actually it is kir, the motor is a A853.. what made you think it WAS a 420a?:thumb:

You're right guy's, I hadn't looked into the srt4, I assumed it would use the 2.4L 420a because that's what I had heard. So no none of those parts will work either. I am wondering about their tranny though, I know it won't bolt up, but maybe the guts would go in out case...... those gear ratio's look nice.

Wasn't callin you out Kirby, just wanted to get it straight in my head (I get confused easily). IMO - I think the Neon needs to change the headlights though they look funny on that car. Just my personal opinion

Originally posted by kagegod
Wasn't callin you out Kirby, just wanted to get it straight in my head (I get confused easily). IMO - I think the Neon needs to change the headlights though they look funny on that car. Just my personal opinion
It's cool bro, I had not done my research before I spoke. That's what happens when you do that. The tranny's prolly won't work but since one is the NVG-t350 and the other is the 850 I was just thinking....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back