The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Curious about tuning chips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlitZ-Carn

Probationary Member
Apr 7, 2008
Sault Ste Marie, Ontario_Canada
Hey, there guys. Sorry about all the annoying questions. I just got a fair amount done to the car, and wanted a tune. Where I am located I am not near any dyno place for tuning. Is there a way I can give my mods and buy a chip online that would have a nice tune.. and no I dont have a socketed eprom or ecu chip, stock chip and no dsm link or anything along those lines.. any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking up both, thanks guys. Is 169.99 worth the tactrix open port 2.0? Cause I'm a newbie, and wouldn't know the first thing of tuning. I just know how to put on bolts on, LOL I'm also looking at the remote tuning as well.

I'm looking up both, thanks guys. Is 169.99 worth the tactrix open port 2.0? Cause I'm a newbie, and wouldn't know the first thing of tuning. I just know how to put on bolts on, LOL I'm also looking at the remote tuning as well.

NO, not for you. I don't know what the previous owner did, but I'm 99.9% sure you do not have the proper ECU to run it. Some late model 97s and ALL 98-99s have the blackbox ECU that can utilize the tactrix cable for Evoscan/ECUFlash.

You can always buy ecmlink along with a socketed eprom directly from ecmlink themselves Buy Eprom here OR you can send your ECU into link and have it converted to an eprom for $185. 2G Eprom conversion

If you don't have an EPROM ecu, get one. It'll make life alot easier in the long run. Like most around here I'd go straight for dsm link v3. Or if your pockets are right go for the v3 lite. It's a tad pricey but as far as I've seen it's the best there is out there. There's a reason so many dsm'ers use it. As compared to those who use other tuners or chips. As well as having the most comprehensive tuning software out there you can also go speed density with v3. I've even heard of people sending the chip to the guys at ECM link an having them do the tuning. Saves user time. In the long run I just see this as being more beneficial than any plain old chip, especially since its easily adjustable, and for the mos part user friendly.

first things first pop open our ecu and see if you have an eprom.

then mail it to ecmlink with 500.00 and bingo! your set!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back