The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

CTS-V brakes questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipse97

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Cedar Park, Texas
So I have to get new brakes and rotors for my gsx and the shop was telling me its going to cost 700 dollars or so. After some research i found that I can use the CTS-V brembos on my car paired with some of the rotors form a 370 or 13 inch ones from a cobra. The reason for going this route is because they are direct bolt on as appose to trying to find the knuckles for the damned evo brakes. So I have a couple of questions regarding this project. first of what year CTS-V am i using the calipers from? what year from the 370z along with the cobra.

Also reading i was not sure if they are roughly the same stopping force as the evo's calipers. This will likely be done within the next couple of weeks or so. I figure I can just use the evo 9 wheels I have sense they clear the factory brembos that appear larger than the cts-v's

Last edited by a moderator:
I run these first gen ctsv brembos. I love them. I don't track my are I just drive the piss out of it on the street. Hands down the best upgrade I have done besides link. You will need to run an 18" wheel with an offset of at least +30 I believe. This calipers are bulky. Check my pics and build thread. Total spent on brakes was around $850.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/463626-91-gsx-purpose-built-streets.html

Nice thread.

By the way, EVO X rotors are 13.7795 inch and 370z rotors are 13.9764 inch.

Nice setup you have there bro.:thumb:

So, to clarify, these calipers work WITHOUT brackets on 13" rotors, but you will need spacers/brackets for 14" rotors?

tracking down the right 13" rotor that requires no modification is what we are all trying to do i guess. I originally bought these calipers to put on my 08 Grand Prix daily driver, because they bolt up with 14" gt500 rotors and no modification at all. After thinking about it, it would be a waste and i have joined the hunt for the right dsm compatible rotor. :rocks:

on that note, has anyone thought to use grand prix gxp rotors? they are 12.7" 5x115 bolt pattern. The hub bore is larger which would clear the aftermarket or replacement hubs, and the bolt holes should line up pretty close. If they dont, just opening them up a hair would do it.

ok, last edit of this post i swear. This may be a super newb question, but has anyone thought to use a wheel spacer on the inside of the rotor? If they fit in there you could easily set the rotors at the right offset from the hub.

If you space the rotor out then the caliper needs to be spaced out as well. The rotor needs to sit in the middle of the caliper. You could save some headache and buy kmv brackets for $100 which come with the correct caliper spacers and run an evo x rotor which I think is almost 14". That's how I set them up on my 1g.

So, no bracket and it'd fit 13" rotors? Anybody tried with Evo VIII/IX ones? They're 12.8" in diameter, but I don't know the offset. They're (quite obviously) used in the Evo VIII/IX caliper swap. In my opinion it'd be quite the alternative to that, having the same piston bores as the Evo's caliper but being cheaper AND new.

And what about the rears? Anybody tried them yet?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back