The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

CTS-V brake caliper swap (Brembo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm gonna give this a shot with my sparkly evo9 MR SE wheels.

Are you sure it's a good idea to be sizing up backspacing on a full floating caliper without pistons, pads and hairpins? That seems like touchy business there.

Did you get a price on the pistons, pads, seals and hardware yet?

i have the same rims, so that would be nice to know if they will fit or not LOL

Are you sure it's a good idea to be sizing up backspacing on a full floating caliper without pistons, pads and hairpins? That seems like touchy business there.

Did you get a price on the pistons, pads, seals and hardware yet?

They are fixed calipers. They just need to be centered over the rotor.

I wouldn't grind material from the caliper, if I did this I would get longer arp studs and a spacer that fitted between the hub and rotor.

Or use 2-piece rotors from someone like TCE so you can customize the rotor offset to exactly what is needed.

This brings up a question...with the caliper bolted to knuckle unmodified, what is the offset from caliper centerline to the hub?

I have adopted a plan close to m3oke on dsmtalk.com, I'm using a modified Audi rotor with a 32mm thickness, shaved 10mm off the caliper mounting. And fitted this under my 17" mb battles with no spacers. That was my personal goal to mount these beneath my 17" rims any way possible. Someone else may be able to even use a different combo of rotor and mounting tabs shaved. But that's my basic outline, I don't want to give out to much else until I actually know what really works on the road and such. So there isn't misinformation spread out. I'll keep you guys updated.

Any updates?

Camaro SS calipers (even more cheap...about $88 each.) I beleive also have a 130mm bolt spacing but I'm not 100% sure yet. camaro ss has a 14mm mounting bolt. The caliper alsois anodized black so we can just strip that ugle chevy lettering right off. :)

Camaro ss part numbers 92233188 & 92233189

I found these on partstaxi.com Parts Taxi - GM Parts and GM Accessories $97.21 ea. they are for the 6.2l motor. Does any one have any knowledge of these? They also have CTS-V Brembos for $153.88 ea.

This brings up a question...with the caliper bolted to knuckle unmodified, what is the offset from caliper centerline to the hub?

Has anyone yet to find an answer to this question?

Or better yet, the offset from the hub flange to the outside pad surface with the caliper mounted unmodified?

Last edited:
No informative love from the brake gods, huh? Well this is what I have come up with so far.

I know that a 330mm or 13" rotor will fit under the calipers bolted directly on with out brackets. I also know that the calipers need around 32mm or 1.3" thick rotors. Our hubs require a 69mm bore spacing on the rotor in a 5 lug pattern.

The lug holes can be drilled should I find a rotor that doesn't come in 114.3mm but meets all other requirements. Also center bore can be machined out if its less then 69mm.

I have compiled a list of 25 viable options with offsets ranging from 11.5-29mm offset. I only need to know what the offset from the hub flange to the outer brake pad surface with the caliper mounted unmodified. I am currently waiting for my source on the calipers to reply back to an email, so I don't have the caliper in hand or else I would provide this crucial info myself. Can anyone help. I have seriously spent a considerable amount of time trying to get an answer with no luck. Thanks

So I was wondering what the size of the 6pot brembo rotors were and all i could come up with was:

High speed requires brakes to match. The development budget didn't allow for exotic hardware like the ZR1's carbon-ceramic brake package, but the CTS- V's Brembo system is robust nevertheless: iron rotors mated to aluminum hats, vented and slotted, 14.7-inch fronts, 14.4-inch rears, with six-pot front calipers, four-pot rears. Michelin PS2 tires—255/40 front, 285/35 rear, on forged aluminum superalloy wheels (9.0-by-19 front, 9.5-by-19 rear)—transfer braking power to the pavement. Cadillac expects skidpad performance to be a bit north of 0.90 g.

So assuming this is correct, the fronts are about .7" larger than the 14" 04-07 cts-v 4pot caliper.
And also assuming that when mounting the 4pot cts-s calipers to the front of a DSM, a 13" rotor is used:

Would that mean that we could mount the 6pot calipers on the front of a DSM with the 13.8" EVO-X rotors?

The way I see it, .1" of extra rotor cant make almost any difference, and the EVO front rotors do have an offset that places them closer to the spokes of the wheels so we may not even have to shave the caliper mounts on the knuckles like Logue had to.

I also have the part numbers for the calipers for both gen's of the CTS-V's, the new Camaro SS(4pots), and the rotors and calipers for the Genesis coupe. If anyone needs any of them let me know. I have to go dig for them. LOL

Does anyone know the sizes for the 3000gt VR-4 rotors and if they might work with the 4pot CTS-V's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone actually mic their cts-v calipers pistons? it was stated earlier that the calipers have the 36/40mm pistons but I have been doing some more checking around and it seems that the general verdict is that they are 40/44mm. Centric has a drawing of them stating they are 40/44mm

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and also here:

LukeSkaff.com - Brake Upgrade Options

Cool thanks for confirming that

So just an example for feasible DSM brake upgrades, torque numbers are:

evo brembos (40/46mm)w/ 12.6" rotor = 5170 in-lbs
cts-v/GXP G8 calipers (40/44mm) w/ 13" rotor = 5086 in-lbs
cts-v/GXP G8 calipers(40/44mm) w/14" rotor = 5543 in-lbs
stock 2g/1g 2-piston(42.9mm) w/10.9" rotor = 4124 in-lbs
1g/2g 2-piston with outlander bracket 11.6" rotor = 4444 in-lbs
6-piston cts-v calipers are (30/34/38mm) on 14" rotor =5245 in-lbs

So... has anyone used the CTS-V calipers with the 370z rotors?
I think I have a good amount of space for a caliper with my rims. They're probably about as much clearance as is possible in a 17" rim.
I'm running these (Enkei N-01; 17"x8")

I forget the backspacing but anything wider than a 235x40x17 rubs the fender so it's definately not tucked by any means.
I want to pull the trigger on buying parts but have yet to see anyone who can say yes, this definately works, and yes, this is how I did it?

Pursuit: It looks like you've got it figured out. Are you going to be running at LVMS any time soon? My car isn't ready but I've been wanting to come out to the track.

It too bad that this thread just seemed to fade with no real definitive answers..
Has anyone used the CTS-V calipers with the 370z rotors?
I think I have a good amount of space for a caliper with my rims. They're probably about as much clearance as is possible in a 17" rim.
I'm running these (Enkei N-01; 17"x8")

I forget the backspacing but anything wider than a 235x40x17 rubs the fender so it's definately not tucked by any means.
I want to pull the trigger on buying parts but have yet to see anyone who can say yes, this definately works, and yes, this is how I did it?

I use 370z rotors, and no you can't use this 14" brake kit with 17" rims .

edit: i run last week. but the next time will be after i change my fuel pump and crank up the boost some more ;)

LOL.. You replied before I finished editing. So, there is no way the CTS-V calipers will fit 17's.. that sucks. Looks like I'll have to go with something else then. Do you know when you are planning to run next?

LOL.. You replied before I finished editing. So, there is no way the CSV calipers will fit 17's.. that sucks. Looks like I'll have to go with something else then. Do you know when you are planning to run next?

you can go with evo 8,9 brembo they are using 13" rotors and will clear your 17" rims.

about the track month or two..

From my experience on the fbody forums

The 2010 camaro ss calipers have direct fitment where as the cts-v calipers required washers to fit correctly on the fbody

Going from a previous thread about needing a spacer to run a stock fbody caliper, the ctsv caliper is the best option and will bolt directly onto the spindle

As far as rotors go the fbody guys were using camaro ss rotors. 17 inch wheels will clear the ctsv brembo calipers but need to be shaved heavily, again this is where the fbody guys prefer the 2010 camaro ss calipers as they require very minimal effort

So in conclusion you would need to run 18 inch wheels with ctsv brembo calipers, or run a spacer or grind the 2010 ss brembo brackets.

Sure thing! I had exactly the same problem you had searching for a PN list and how to get from A-to-B as painlessly as possible. Hope it helps a few of us folks wanting an economy big brake setup.

14 rotors (370z) with CTSV brembos will fit 17 wheels,
The problem is not the calipers but the wheels, it all depend on the wheel shape.

I have 17s 5zigen pro race 520rz running 370z rotors (14in) with CTSV calipers.

The calipers barely clears the wheel, however my goel is to fit the 370z calipers which are a bit thicker from the outer side so for sure will hit the wheel., I will have to grind down the calipers a bit so will see how it ends up.

I have the 370z set up (rotor and calipers) in 18s evo wheels and they do clear very well.

Here is a pic of the set up and some pics for caliper (370z vs CTCV vs VR4) comparison.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back