The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Crushed Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My opinion, if your dumb enough to by stolen parts, tough, if you didnt know, prove it.

Most of your post is quite painful to read. However - this takes the cake. The burden of proof to prove you didnt know or did know IS NOT ON THE ACCUSED. It's on the head of the prosecuting attorney to make that determination, with the police to provide evidence.

At least watch Law and Order before making stupid remarks like THAT.

I get the point, peoples rights and what not. If your breaking the law, at that exact point in time your rights are void. So if you get pulled over for a broken tail light, that is all you can be written up for, if your speeding, your get a ticket and so on. No official can search your vehicle without warrant, illegal search and seizure, you have to give them something to become suspicious. A drunk driver wont get pulled over unless their weaving on the road, or someone picks up a phone and calls it it. Now when they go back and run your vin and license plate you may have other problems. If they see a history of traffic violations they can proceed as seen fit. Excessive speeding, loss of license for life, can impounded, liscense suspended, whatever are worthy. Crushing ones car seems like a heavy fine, but if they've been fined, ticketed, and caught again without a license, crush it and make then watch. Is it going to stop them, no, just make them want a faster car.

Selling off the parts from the impounded cars sound like a perfect idea, but when you start thinking about it the time it will take a crew of people to part out the cars would cost more than their worth. And you couldn't just sell off the cars or the parts, they would have to be auctioned off; more time and more expense. California has a higher cost of living, so when were talking about an 18 year old kid making 10000 in one year, thats like someone in the midwest making 5000 at a standard 40 hour week, school and part time summers. And where do most parts come from, california, cheap parts and whole bunch of stupid kids makes for stupid kids in cars that have no ideal how to drive. You put them on a track and every single one of them would crash.

As for stolen parts, if your caught with them even though you have a receipt, their still stolen and your out of luck. Which is why there's places like carfax and others where you can run the vin number against the part number to see if their stolen. A local police station will do it for free if they have the time.

My opinion, if your dumb enough to by stolen parts, tough, if you didnt know, prove it. If your street racing, and you have a history, kiss your s**t goodbye, your the idiot, not the police. If your going a few over, you get a ticket, if your side by side with another car, thats suspicion, you problem, not an officers. It's not just california, idiots are everywhere, and cops aren't too far behind.

I got no farther than one sentence into this post. NO, NO, NO and ####ing no way!!! Your rights KICK IN at the time of your arrest. This is the time when your rights have to be maintained. Because I'm ACCUSED of a crime does not mean I am GUILTY. Man, guys do some reading. Anyone here about a little story about the Duke LaCrosse team? One of the ACCUSED said it best, I'm paraphrasing: "if my family didn't have money I would hate to see what could of happened."

Ok fellas mabey one of you guys know the answer, I spoke to a guy who owns a Trucking Company (His son is into dirt truck racing) and he said that they ain't gonna mess with a guy doing dirt on the freeway just the guys doing dirt on back streets with people watching etc...
Is this the way the law was written? I can't find it.
I have seen em pull over big rigs not one was towed away! Hummm :)
I thought that chips were illigal too, don't they have em under the hood of every cop car in town??? :)
" Do some more research, and you'll find you never own your car. Have you ever seen your Manufacturer's Certificate? No. It's held by your state."
^^^Almost right, they microfish it 1st then destroy the original.
Unless you have bought your car with cash (No financing!) and demanded the original MCO the state owns your car and they can tell you how to operate tune etc.. their car.
I thought we lived in a country where you treat others as you would like to be treated, I guess I was just dreaming of the good ol days...sigh

I wounder how a cop would feel if sombody followed him home and took his "New" car and crushed it into a wall while he was sleep? :)
^^^Just kidding kiddies!!! Please kiddies don't try this at home!!! :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUJ1nmtInIE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUJ1nmtInIE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

somebody please explain to me why i havent heard or ferraris, porsches, lambos, or any other cars of that type crushed on those canonball runs, or whatever theyre called that take place across the country??? are they not street racing as well??

money talks, bs walks. :toobad:

Ok so after spending the last 20 minutes reading this some of you are right and some are way off.
YES WE GET PROFILED!!! Just like you profile the Honda with the big wing as rice, so you start profiling all Hondas as rice. DSM in the eyes of most are rice. Take a look at the dsm's that aren't on this site, there all rice.
AS for HOT RODS and MUSCLE CARS, these are my area of work. I have a 57 Bel Air, Had a 69 Firebird, and I'm building another t-bucket. And believe me WE (hot rods) do get it.
My 69 bird was DR Pepper red with the motor stickin like 8 inches through the hood and I got pulled over doing under the limit just to verify the car was legal. IF YOU LOOK THE PART BE PREPARED TO PLAY THERE GAME.
Another great way to keep them off your back is keep a book with all your parts listed, where you purchased them, FROM WHO with a phone number (if they wont give you this info be suspicious) this helps show cops your not building a street racer but a unique car. Also go to your local PD and ask if they have a booster/support program, most due and in TX most places its called BACK THE BLUE and you donate like 25 bucks and they give you a little window sticker. PUT THE STICKER ON YOUR CAR... the cops always ask about it when they pull you over and alot of cops will let you off with a warning.

STREET RACING KILLS. Its a fact, and not usually the racer. Crushing the car extreme, yes, but it sure gets the point across.

*edit* for all with everything is legal on my car...
testpipes, headlight conversions (in most cases, alot of states/citys are putting in laws requiring stock headlights) loud exhaust ride height (lights most be certin distance from ground)
and ask any cop if they follow you for 2 miles you will do somthing illigal and they will be able to pull you over even if they "Feel your being avasive"

I am not even all that pissed about the fact that the car is getting crushed. I am pissed about the absurd use of power and how they are manipulating the law to serve a political agenda.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back