The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Crunchy clutch... Master or slave cylinder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCsGST

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2003
Tri-cities, Washington
When I push my clutch pedal in, it feels like I'm pushing a metal rod through gravel. No sounds or fluid leaks, just a crunchy pedal. Could it be my master or slave cylinders?

Get under it or down enough to see the slave and have someone push in on the clutch. (funny movements or a tad of noise) It could also be your throwout bearing. Maybe you didn't grease it? Does it only happen when it has a load on it?(running?)
Check the carpet where the clutch pedal attatches to the wall to see if it is leaking inside the cab at all....?

Make sure your shifter fork isnt bottoming out on the bell housing.

I know it's not my TOB cause I greased it prefectly in May when I put a new clutch in... It might be my clutch fork, it has been squeeking. But it's weird cause it only does it the first time I push the clutch in, not first time of the day, but 1st time after it hasn't been pushed in after a minute. If I push it in, let up, and push down on it again there's nothing. This tells me it could be losing pressure and after the 1st pump something gets moved out of the way.

I have the same problem... but it doesnt do it all the time.

It doesnt really make any noise but you can definately feel some resistance. But i think your discription is as good as i could put it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back