The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Cruise Relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
I guess I'll throw this in here since it would indeed be a custom fabricated end result. I did some searching, found nothing for a 2G turbo model. I want to relocate my cruise control system, the under hood portion. The vacuum and electrical parts should be easy to deal with. However, I want to move the cruise/throttle pulleys elsewhere just to clean things up a bit. I'm starting a wire tuck, and have decided to "tuck" many things in the process. Removing the system is not an option as I want to keep it for long highway drives to work, once the car runs. I'm sure I can come up with my own solution, but would like to know if anyone has actually done this with success. If so, provide pics and anything else that would help.

Yeah, I ended up not reading through that one after seeing it was for a 1G. Maybe I should have anyway. However, since posting this, I've been toying with it all and sorta came up with a very similar idea. Can mount the box low on the firewall behind the block:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And have the vacuum pump (or whatever it is) mounted through the wire harness hole since I'm moving the harness out of that spot:

I can easily mount the motor thing inside the cabin out of the way so this seems like a possible solution.

I got the throttle cable mounted backward for now, as a proff of concept I guess. Will make a new bracket to attach it to the manifold so it can be flipped back around.

The cable will run behind and below the manifold.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back