The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cruise Control Switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
I just puchased and installed a 3" exhaust cutout routed right off the downpipe. The switch for the cutout is a 5 pin monetary switch . I think the switch for the cut out was ugly and wouldnt look stock. Kinda looks like a hazard swicth with the opposite facing arrows. I deleted my cruise control and the swicth on the dash for that is a monetary switch also. Now my question is, could it be possible to use the stock cruise switch instead of the supplied cutout switch? The stock cruise switch is 5 pin also. I am sure i would have to repin the switch but am unsure if its useable for for what i am trying to do? Is there a wiring diagram for the cruise switch also?
Thanks.

I don't see why it couldn't be done. The Haynes manual should have the schematics for the switch. I am doing a lot of this type of thing. I am going to re-use a lot of my stock switches for other things. for instance, my A/C switch will be used for my CO2 arming switch (it has a snow flake on it, what the hell else am I gonna use it for? LOL). If anything, just get in there with a multi meter and check the pinouts.

Nate

I just dont want any gaudy out of place switches anywhere. I would like to keep everything hidden and stock appearing even though some of the stock switches are for "other" functions. My foglight switch is wired to my halos in my headlights. This way i am not running them full time and they wont burn out from everyday use. Nice idea for the snowflake button BTW. I still have my rear wiper button to play with.

Oh yea, forgot about the rear wiper, I have that to use too. LOL I have taken so much out of my car that I forget about half of it. I am working on a gas cap relocation to the center tail light right now and was thinking of using a sylonoid to open the tail light, but decided just to use a manual button. I probably could have used the wiper button, as it is already wired back there. hmmmm. I may have to head to the garage when I get home and tinker :)

Nate

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back