The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cruise control pedal switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsyco

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere in, Central_America
Hey guys!
Quick question... Is the cruise control pedal switch and the safety clutch switch the same kind of switch.
I have the clutch switch disabled and my cruise control pedal switch totally missing and I can't find it anywhere online!
Can I just by a clutch switch and use it instead?:confused:

Cruise control pedal switch? My 2g came with a paddle switch (is this what you mean) on the steering wheel and a on/off monetary switch on my dash right above my fog and mirror switches.

No. I'm talking about the switch that is under the dash the one that deactivates the cruise when you depress the clutch pedal. I posted a WTB add I really need it is the only part left to have a fully functional cruise control again.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is where this plug goes, you can see a nut in the background there's where the switch goes.

They are the same sort of switch but they operate differently. One, the cruise switch (MB435457 - same for brake light switch on brake pedal in 5spd cars), is normally open and the other, the starting safety switch (MR141156), is normally closed.

Last edited:
if im correct dont they both run from the stop light switch which is mounted in front of the pedal assembly. there should be a rubber bushing that comes in contact with the spring loaded rod. the bushing is pressed into th pedal assembly. the bushing broke on mine causing the cc to not work and my brake lights to stay on.

As far as I'm aware there are 3 switches under the dash in the pedal area.
1.clutch safety switch
2.cruise control switch which is connected to the cc ecu directly
3.the brake switch which controls the brake lights and is connected to the cc ecu as well.
None of these switches are related or one can affect the function of the other.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back