The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Critique my Alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXSixteenG

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2007
Buffalo, New_York
So, I had new tires put on (Eagle GT) and an alignment done as the old tires were shot and the car was out of alignment due to new tie rods and what not over summer. After the alignment, the car still pulls pretty hard to the left. My suspension and handling knowledge is limited. Is my alignment good and something else is off? Opinions wanted. The car is still at stock ride height.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 116
What's the ideal caster numbers for the left? After some searching and reading it should ideally be around 3-5 degrees right? How is the caster adjusted, lateral compression arm?

There are only two ways to get that caster reading (on the front left): the person doing the alignment is incompetent or the car has been in an accident.

There are only two ways to get that caster reading (on the front left): the person doing the alignment is incompetent or the car has been in an accident.

I believe the car has previously been in an accident. I should do a carfax. But I also believe the guy at sears doing the alignment is incompetent as well. Is that anything in particular I should look for in the front left to try and straighten this problem out (other than the lateral compression arm)?

Last edited:
not sure if you have figured the issue out or not. but with that much cross caster, you would definitely notice a couple things. take your fingers and stick them between the rear of the front tires and the fender. you should only have about 1/4 of a finger difference. you want -.5 cross caster for daily driving. If you have over a finger difference then there is an issue for sure. make sure your lower control isnt bent, the left front you be bent backwards as if it had been hit from the front. and make sure there is no severe damage to the upper strut tower housing, a bent strut can also be a cause, take a straight edge to the strut housing and see if there is a bow or gap.

not sure if you have figured the issue out or not. but with that much cross caster, you would definitely notice a couple things. take your fingers and stick them between the rear of the front tires and the fender. you should only have about 1/4 of a finger difference. you want -.5 cross caster for daily driving. If you have over a finger difference then there is an issue for sure. make sure your lower control isnt bent, the left front you be bent backwards as if it had been hit from the front. and make sure there is no severe damage to the upper strut tower housing, a bent strut can also be a cause, take a straight edge to the strut housing and see if there is a bow or gap.

Thanks I will look into. Haven't had a chance to look at it much. The car is not driven too often now that it is winter. I haven't felt like dealing with it yet. I appreciate your help though. And will check back in once I look at it on a warm day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back