1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Crazy thought. 2G rally???

Posted by mike96, Aug 21, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. mike96

mike96 Proven Member

Joined May 6, 2008
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Please don't make this a flame thread as I am not thinking of doing this seriously just passing thoughts thru my head. My Talon sits a little to low to the ground for me these days so I dont much like crawling in and out of it, and with no AC I don't drive it much anyway. So I got to thinking what If I put some adjustable coil overs on, set the ride height about 2-3 inches higher than factory, and put some tires with some off road bite on it???

I searched google and came up with a couple of pictures (literally 2 pics) of 2G's that were rallied out, plenty of 1G's. I kind of think they look good.

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. CrackedDSM

CrackedDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2009
    Oak Ridge, North Carolina
    For actual rally competitions? No. The 2G's double wishbone suspension setup is a weak point.

For more function than form? Sure. If you think it looks good, it'd work fine and be beastly in the snow/gravel/off-road. Just don't try to take it off any sweet jumps. Or hit a pothole too fast.

Street Build 4K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  3. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    You could do hundreds of man hours worth of work to change that, along with some other mods.
    But like he said, just passing by some thoughts...

Street Build 1K  11

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

235  2

2012 Murray Explorer Dune
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

149  6

2009 Troy Bilt Bronco
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
  4. CrackedDSM

CrackedDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2009
    Oak Ridge, North Carolina
    You could, but a 1G would be better at it and you could pour those man hours and time into a worthier platform, tbh.

Street Build 4K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.