The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

CRAracer05 ~ 94 Talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have my car stored at work for the winter, so I decided to weigh it on the scale before I bring it home for the spring and start my build. Lighter than I expected at 2840lb.

The biggest issue I'm having now is tracking down Auto AWD drivetrain parts. I have a transmission and that's all I have found for sale so far. So if anyone knows anyone I still a transfer case, intermediate shaft, 4-bolt rear differential, high stall convertor, shifter and shifter cable.

IMG_4195.jpgIMG_4196.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up an auto transfer case and intermediate shaft from Syclone#334, parts came in today, Now I need to find a 4-bolt auto differential next.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the seals on the intermediate shaft?

IMG_4215.jpgIMG_4214.jpg

When I ran my dsm82 set up the dump tube was a bit of a PITA. It would only fit at one specific angle, same wastegate but on the old fp30 housing, so not exactly the same but similar, I think what I did was attach the Vband clamp to the wastegate first, and work it around in there until it matted up flush with the turbine housing, then clamp it on at the turbine housing, in your case the o2 housing

When I ran my dsm82 set up the dump tube was a bit of a PITA. It would only fit at one specific angle, same wastegate but on the old fp30 housing, so not exactly the same but similar, I think what I did was attach the Vband clamp to the wastegate first, and work it around in there until it matted up flush with the turbine housing, then clamp it on at the turbine housing, in your case the o2 housing
Do you have any pictures of it on the car, I tried searching a bunch and no one really has any good pictures of the dump tubes installed with bolt on style turbos?

I don’t, I’ll try searching, it has to fit some kinda way, Joe bucci, aka “Joe wrenches” and Nate Chrisman aka Performance Partout are both running this bolt on zero, and I’m sure they have a dump tube fitted some kinda way

I don’t, I’ll try searching, it has to fit some kinda way, Joe bucci, aka “Joe wrenches” and Nate Chrisman aka Performance Partout are both running this bolt on zero, and I’m sure they have a dump tube fitted some kinda way
Joe is running his wastegate off the manifold, with no power steering, relocated alternator and a forward facing oil filter housing. Nate is off the O2 but also has no power steering, relocated alternator and a forward facing oil filter housing. Nate also has a small radiator with a single fan. Nate's setup shown below. I may be able to squeeze it if I remove my driver's side fan, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the shroud. I'm going to play it some more but I need my drain line on before I get too crazy.

View attachment 630820

This whole thing is funny tho because it’s meant to work LOL, it’s supposed to be a bolt on setup, FP doesn’t mention any special requirements on their website. Maybe worst case you’ll need a different dump tube? I hope you figure it out :hellyeah:

This whole thing is funny tho because it’s meant to work LOL, it’s supposed to be a bolt on setup, FP doesn’t mention any special requirements on their website. Maybe worst case you’ll need a different dump tube? I hope you figure it out :hellyeah:
I agree worst case I may have to modify the dump tube, and yea it's all supposed to be bolt on LOL.

Got my turbo water pipe cleaned up and ready to go on the car.
View attachment 631857

I worked on fitting the dump tube and all the oil and coolant lines tonight. I redid my oil drain and unlike the old 60 trim it actually clears the motor mount with a straight fitting on the turbo now. The front water line is super tight between the compressor cover and oil drain fitting and I'm not sure it will actually screw into the water pipe.
View attachment 631858 View attachment 631861

Dump tube is about 3/16" off the lower intercooler pipe. I think rotating the compressor cover outlet towards the front of the car, but I think I can just rotate the wastegate a little more as I'm farther away from the oil drain than expected.
View attachment 631859

Running the FP EVO 9 oil line kit, not sure I feel about it as the length is quite long forcing you to run down and back up.
View attachment 631862
The rear oil line won't bolt up as it's contacting the v-band hinge on the hot side of the turbo. I think I will be good just loosening the clamp and rotating it.
View attachment 631863

I also setup the wastegate for 20.3 psi. Overall I'm wondering if I should go to soft lines on the water connections as it may make things way easier to install and service.

View attachment 631860

Last edited:
Well it looks like the mounting tabs on my FMIC were welded on exactly one bracket width off. Almost like they marked the dimension out and welded them on the wrong side of the line. You can see mine versus the stock photo and another member's FMIC. Their tabs are visibly closer to the center of the FMIC.

View attachment 632463

ETS stock photo
View attachment 632464
Another user from the forum:

View attachment 632465

Shouldn't make any difference. That's how mine are welded too.
The issue I'm having is the brackets won't angle outwards as they are hitting the headlight buckets part of the frame. I really don't want to notch the frame there as my chassis is rust free. I'll probably notch the brackets or weld on some new mounts.

Ya ETS responded with just bend the brackets outwards.... Now I'm wishing I just bought a used one instead of going new and I could I have used the money elsewhere.
Update, talked to ETS again today and they agreed the brackets are in the wrong location. They are going to take it back and fix the brackets.

Well after several attempts to install a new set of OEM cooling lines, I couldn't get them to line up or fit around the compressor housing of the Zero. So I went the custom route which required multiple runs to Summit to get all the right fittings. The water lines are now connected. On the O2 housing, I ordered new bolts and the 17mm hex heads won't allow you to get a socket on two of the bolts one of which is in the far back. I'm going to try a crow's foot on it, but I may have to get some bolts with smaller heads now too. I'm also not too crazy about the Evo 9 oil feed line as it is really long, so I may change that line out too. Progress is slow going right now, but I want to do it right and do it once.

IMG_4412.jpgIMG_4417.jpgIMG_4418.jpgIMG_4419.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back