The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

CRAracer05 ~ 94 Talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*EDIT*
Well bit the bullet this week and ordered a new FP Zero turbo to continue the build of my car. Bought the turbo to push my block as far as it will go for now, until I build a new bottom end.

Parts ordered/purchased:
  • FP Zero with ported and coated 10cm turbine housing
  • FP race manifold with porting and thermal coating
  • FP Evo 9 oil feed line
  • FP oil line filter
  • JMF O2 housing
  • Tial MVR wastegate
  • 1g Auto AWD Transmission/T-case
  • FIC 1650cc injectors
  • Walbro 535 fuel pump
  • ETS FMIC 4" core w/ 2.5" piping
  • ECMlink speed density kit w/ flex fuel
  • FP Intake & Filter
  • Magnus V3 cast intake manifold
  • S90 74mm throttle body
Next steps are going to be to start changing out supporting mods to back up this turbo. Fuel is currently 93 octane but E85 is now available close by so that will need decided up front before getting injectors and a fuel pump. Looking for any valuable input my fellow tuners can give.

Parts I'm looking at immediately:
  • None
Parts down the road:
  • Built bottom end
  • Roll-cage
  • Driveshaft loop
Current build on the car:

1g rod/2g piston combo with ARP rod bolts
ARP head and main studs
Mild port work on head
Cometic MLS head gasket
Crower springs and TI retainers
Crower 272s
3g lifters
Custom 3" Intake
Apexi N1 turbo-back exhaust
VRSF FMIC
knock off Tial BOV
Turbonetics DSM bolt on 60 trim
2g manifold & o2 housing (lightly ported)
Fuel Lab AFPR (STM)
Walbro 255lph pump rewired with 8awg
PTE 1000cc Injectors
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
ACT 2600 w/ street disc
Shifter cable bearings & symbroski shifter kit
DSS 3" Aluminum driveshaft
S.S. clutch line
ECMlink V3 with GM MAF and direct wire cable
Mishimoto radiator and fan setup
Megan Racing Coilovers
ST front & rear swaybars
Poly rear subframe mounts
EVO9 wheels
S.S. brake lines
Hawk pads

Last edited:
Well I went to order my JMF O2 housing today and it looks like it's been discontinued as its no longer on their website or over on STM's site either. STM has their unit but it doesn't work on a 1g AWD. This sucks, I feel like a lot of the parts for these cars are just going away now.

There are plenty of options. Morrison fabrication or BSFab.

The Morrison Fab option is nice but I'm not sure I want to deal with making a custom downpipe and everything right now. I didn't know about BSFab, but it doesn't look they have a website. The punishment racing ones are out of stock.

The Morrison Fab option is nice but I'm not sure I want to deal with making a custom downpipe and everything right now. I didn't know about BSFab, but it doesn't look they have a website. The punishment racing ones are out of stock.
Either contact JMF and ask or contact BSFab on Facebook.

Ok, so I was able to snag a JMF O2 Housing from Extreme PSI along with a MVR 44mm wastegate this week as they had both units in stock. Forced Performance is expecting my turbo and manifold to ship end of this week or beginning of next. My next step is going to be to ordering a Walbro 525 pump and set of FIC 1650cc injectors.

So some parts started finally coming in after some delays. I got my new DSM FP Zero with 10CM ported housing and ported FP Manifold. Both have their black ceramic coating on them. I also got a JMF O2 housing with atmosphere dump and a new Tial MVR wastegate.

upload_2021-2-14_12-8-17.png

upload_2021-2-14_12-8-46.png

upload_2021-2-14_12-10-45.png

upload_2021-2-14_12-9-5.png

upload_2021-2-14_12-9-26.png

upload_2021-2-14_12-9-53.png

upload_2021-2-14_12-10-10.png

Did a quick mock up while I had everything out of the boxes.

upload_2021-2-14_12-12-12.png

upload_2021-2-14_12-12-25.png

Today I ordered a set of FIC 1650cc injectors and a Walbro 535 fuel pump, next step is a race FMIC.

What is everyone's thoughts on switching from GM MAF to speed density?

Looking to order a new intercooler from ETS. Based on everything I've read on the forums It looks like a 4" core with 2.5" piping should be the sweet spot to keep spool quick but still support the airflow of the FP Zero. What are your guys thoughts before I pull the trigger?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back