The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Crankshaft Pulley

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcar08

Probationary Member
Jun 14, 2012
Washington, Pennsylvania
Hey, I have a 2000 2.4L eclipse and am trying to remove the crankshaft pulley. There are a total of 5 bolts within the pulley (4 are small 12mm). I removed the 12mm bolts and am wondering if I have to remove the center large bolt also to pull the pulley away? I am trying to reach the crankshaft position sensor to replace.

The pulley will come off with the 4 12mm bolts removed. It may be stuck on but it will come off.

Your car is 3G and there is a forum dedicated to your car, but the answer is:

For 2.4L - Remove the bolts that attach the crankshaft pulley to the crankshaft sprocket with a socket wrench.

For 3.0L - Remove the center retaining bolt from the crankshaft pulley.

Attach a suitable puller to the crankshaft pulley, and remove it from the crankshaft.

Is it possible to remove it without a pulley. Sorry for not posting in the 3g area.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back