The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Cranks but doesn’t start (no power to starter signal wire)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does the number 8 in the circle mean I can’t find it is it a fuse?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I did figure this out I was missing a page it’s the number indicating where other circuits branch off

some of the pages in the pdf version of the manual are pretty messed up. if you come across a page or 2 that are like that, i can take a picture of the pages out of my printed manuals. just hit me up

here is a few tips for the electrical manual:

-all the fuses will be marked as a fuse and it will have the amperage listed
-like you just found out the circle with the number is where the wire has another wire spiced in which goes to another system.
where the arrow is pointing it list the title of the system. you can go to the index at the beginning of the circuit diagrams and look up the page number. So like it says AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM, it will be listed in the index exactly the same. make sense? i hope so?

one more thing, in the diagrams showing the connector layout and ID,
if you look at the column that has the red mark above it in the pic below,
some items have just a number in ( )
that number is the number of pin the connector holds. even if there isn't an actual metal pin in the slot it still would be considered a pin if your counting them.
some items have a number and a letter in ( )
the number is still the number of pins and the letter is the color of the connector.
if there is no letter indicating color, it means the connector is white.
make sense?
(click for full size)

here is a few tips for the electrical manual:

-all the fuses will be marked as a fuse and it will have the amperage listed
-like you just found out the circle with the number is where the wire has another wire spiced in which goes to another system.
where the arrow is pointing it list the title of the system. you can go to the index at the beginning of the circuit diagrams and look up the page number. So like it says AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM, it will be listed in the index exactly the same. make sense? i hope so?

one more thing, in the diagrams showing the connector layout and ID,
if you look at the column that has the red mark above it in the pic below,
some items have just a number in ( )
that number is the number of pin the connector holds. even if there isn't an actual metal pin in the slot it still would be considered a pin if your counting them.
some items have a number and a letter in ( )
the number is still the number of pins and the letter is the color of the connector.
if there is no letter indicating color, it means the connector is white.
make sense?
(click for full size)
I got all that thanks.
My car is very interesting, with one of the A32 connectors my starter cranks but doesn’t turn on the fuel pump or ignition or send a signal to the crank position sensor. If I plug the other A32 connector in I get power to ignition, CPS, but the starter won’t crank.

At connector B63 I get 12v on pin #2 BR wire but only 0.06v at A34 starter signal wire If I swap out the A32 connector for the other one I get 12v at A34 but I don’t get power at ignition. I am super ocd so I don’t want to run new wires, I just want it to work like it did before my fuel pump rewire.

I’ve added grounds to the engine. My fuel pump rewire relay is grounded to chassis and the pump it self all black wire is still connected to factory ground wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is only one a-32 the other one is a-101
its for cars with an automatic transmission
for the neutral safety switch

Last edited:

Back at it.

So when I bought the car there was two wires on (A-101) connector cut.
I need help identifying where or what these go to/for. Ones blk/red stripe the other is red/blu stripe.

I’ve been having issues since I bought the car because I did a FP rewire, battery relocation, wire tuck, tank to rail -an fuel line, fan shroud and spark plug wires.

While I was tucking the wires I noticed my reverse light switch connector was not tied into the harness. See photo. Where do these wires tie into?

Also there was two wires cut and left disconnected on the (A-101) connector. See photo. What are these wires to? Ones red/blu stripe the other is blk/red stripe.

Stupid me! Knowing the four wires have nothing in common I shouldn’t of done anything. But I connected blk/blu RLS wire to blk/red (A-101) wire, then connected wht/blu RLS wire to the red/blu (A-101) connector wire.

Well with that said I’ve been chasing a no crank issue despite the title. I had my car in reverse for some reason and went to start the car that was not cranking, but all the engine sensors where getting 12v mfi/fp relay had 12v to red/blk wires and blk/wht wires. Well this time with the shifter in reverse, the car cranked over!!!

Well I disconnected the reverse light switch and soldered the red/blu wires together without reverse light switch and did the same to the blk/red wires Car won’t start again.

When I bought the car those wires not connected I believe which is why I thought they went to the reverse light switch.

Please help me identify the wires on the (A-101) connector. And guide me to how they should be connected or capped and help me reattach the reverse light switch.

My clutch switch is disconnected.

A-101 is for the park/neutral position switch.
A-32 is the same connector but is for engine stuff.

just to clarify which one are we talking about?

I have a feeling that you have a harness from an automatic.
that would mean it needs the (black/red) wire on a101 pin 8 needs to be grounded to activate the starter relay.

That would also be why it doesn't have a connector on the harness for the back up lights.
then A-101 pin 6 (black/white) would connect to pin 2 on the back up light switch connector and A-101 pin 5 (red/blue) would connect to pin 1 on the BUL switch connector

## the connector for the back up switch is originally for something else cause the wire colors don't match, but as long as you connect one of the wires on it to the (black/white) wire and the other to the (red/blue) wire, it should work.

I would just cut off A-101, connect the 3 wires you need and heat shrink the ends of the other ones together

A101 is for the park/neutral position switch

A32 is the same connector but is for engine stuff

just to clarify which one are we talking about?

So circled in red is called a
that would mean it needs the (black/red) wire on a101 pin 8 needs to be grounded to activate the starter relay.

that would also be why it doesn't have a connector on the harness for the back up lights.
then a101 pin 6 (black/white) would connect to pin 2 on the back up light switch connector
and a101 pin 5 (red/blue) would connect to pin 1 on the BUL switch connector
## the connector for the back up switch is originally for something else cause the wire colors don't match but as long as you connect one of the wires on it to the (black/white) wire and the other to the (red/blue) wire, it should work.

i would just cut off a101, connect the 3 wires you need and heat shrink the ends of the other ones together

that would also be why it doesn't have a connector on the harness for the back up lights.
then a101 pin 6 (black/white) would connect to pin 2 on the back up light switch connector
and a101 pin 5 (red/blue) would connect to pin 1 on the BUL switch connector
## the connector for the back up switch is originally for something else cause the wire colors don't match but as long as you connect one of the wires on it to the (black/white) wire and the other to the (red/blue) wire, it should work.

i would just cut off a101, connect the 3 wires you need and heat shrink the ends of the other ones together
So pin 8 (a-101) on harness side gets founded to chassis?

pin 1 of (A-84) wht/blu go to pin 5 of (A-101)
Harness side.

pin 2 of (A-84) blk/blu go to pin 6 of (A-101) harness side.

Yes pin 8 had to be grounded to the chassis.
My car finally started thanks to a dustyboner and the rest of the crew. Now I can work on the body rust.
So rumor has it I have a 2g auto engine harness.
guess I got to call ohm racing next. To rid me of all these extra connectors!

Yes pin 8 had to be grounded to the chassis.
My car finally started thanks to a dustyboner and the rest of the crew. Now I can work on the body rust.
So rumor has it I have a 2g auto engine harness.
guess I got to call ohm racing next. To rid me of all these extra connectors!

Please change title to ( no power to starter signal wire )

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back