The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G crankcase and oil residue as hard as stone

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeSo

Probationary Member
Feb 10, 2022
Europe
Hallo as u can see I am building 4g63 engine , an i have checked a lot of videos from YT with crankcase and didn’t see any engine having this , I can only get it out with hammer and flat screwdriver hitting it , I tried dremel and it didn’t help much , does any one know how to clean it good ? I can’t get everywhere with screwdriver , was it from bad oil ? I bought only engine cause I am swapping it from 4g37

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Jafro shows using a laundry pod in his pressure washer soap tank

I love this guy , but I saw he was using different grinder on gsx block , it’s gonna be dangerous but I think I will do it like that , thanks for the help

Try oven cleaner. Gets baked on stuff to loosen up. I used it on my Saturn motor but it was all aluminum. Just MAKE SURE you wash it all out thoroughly afterwards and lube as per the advice given above.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back