The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Crank walk/Fluidamper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GRick

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2009
Norcal, California
Hi to all....Hopefully someone has accurate info on this issue. Is there any indication that useing a Fluidamper balancer helps eliminate CW. Please be specific and not just "well my buddy says". Thanks in advance

Well my buddy says....just kidding.

They can't eliminate it just help out with it. I pulled some non stock chrome one off of my car and now I'm building it, it didnt have crankwalk.

chances are that it won't happen to you, its overrated.

Crankwalk is associated with poor bearing design on the earlier 7 bolt. It was later on "fixed" in some of the 98-99 blocks with the split thrust bearing. Usually the only thing that does not help is the billet aluminum underdrive pulley which used with the 4g63 throws off the harmonics and balance of the engine and can sometimes lead to "crankwalk".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back