The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Crank sprocket stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
my crank sprocket is stuck. i have tried everything possible i think of. i have also tried other ways to do this. just will not work or come off. if you have any ideas that can help i will sure try them. thanks

If you push the key in slightly it should stop jamming. However, they do make crank pulley removal tools for this purpose as well, such as 3 jaw gear pullers.

Also could try 2 men with crow bars.

The crank pulley just sits on top of the timing belt sprocket. It is rust frozen. Just take a hammer and tap around the edge (don't break the belt guide ridge) an it will work loose.

i sprayed it with wd-40 last night and im going to try and wiggle it off. but if not im going to heat it and i cant find the puller. but my friends bringing one to me today.

yea i have heated the sprocket and tapped on it with a mallet and nothing still. i also tried to move that key a bit and tapped it and nothing. im stock till my friend gets here later with a puller.

i finnaly got it of thanks everyone. i heated more with a propane torch. then pried on it little by little and worked my way around the edges.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back