The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Crank Pulley

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBentley

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2004
Los Gatos, California
Alright well i have finally had my first real problem..... the seal on the harmonic dampner on the crank pulley gave and now i need to replace the pulley.

So heres my question(s): How tight should i make the bolts when putting the replacement on and should i use loctite?

Blue locktite won't hurt a thing, and the torque for that size bolt is about 18 ft-lbs (it's not usually a place where a torque wrench is used). Most crucial about the job is that the mounting surface behind the pulley is clean (a shot of WD-40 is a good idea) and that the pulley be mounted completely flat to the crank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back