The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 4G64 Crank pulley vs timing belt vs interference engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobet

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2010
Saint john, NB_Canada
Pic included
Alright I did search keywords crank, pulley, timing, harmonic, belt.... Anyways I couldn't find the answer

2.4l 4g64 engines are interference engines right. So my crank pulley went on me. I have the pulley off. Car is jacked up. Is there any possible way I threw off my timing having a broken crank pulley. I'm changing it next week and don't want to send a piston through the top end a week later because I neglect to check something.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't have a side view, but you can tell it's in two pieces.

I don't want the bs about being a nub or "use the search" because I do but the Tapatalk limits what I find. If you know of a link to help me, send me it but don't be rude because I'm a nub.

Solution
That crank pulley doesn't drive any of the timing components. The timing stuff runs off a toothed pulley on the crank, behind that pulley and the cover.
Alright that's comforting.(I'm unlucky)

My fear was that the crank pulley may cause interference in the cranks turn

Will do. I get it from Mitsubishi for staff price. Is the 63 one the same?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back