The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Update Your Password Today!

We have implemented tools to identify member accounts using insecure passwords and will be locking those accounts until their passwords are updated. Don't get locked out of your account - update your password today, and ensure your account has a valid email address on file. Read more here...
Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Crank, P/S & W/P Pulley Group Buy Poll

Additional Pulleys

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
As we finally nailed down the alternator pulleys we need to quantify interest in the other pulleys based on previous threads.

- Crank pulley: Stock diameter and fits 1/2G.
- P/S pulley: 10% underdrive and is for 2G only unless you have upgraded your 1G to the 2G pump.
- W/P pulleys: 10% underdrive. 1G is serpentine and v-belt and 2G is double serpentine.

Crank Pulley
10-19 $220
20-29 $200
30+ $180

Power Steering Pulley
10-19 $150
20-29 $130
30+ $120

Water Pump Pulley
10-19 $200
20-29 $180
30+ $170

Shipping will be Priority Mail flat rate (signature required).
Crank and W/P $15.73
P/S $11.33

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Don't foget to vote in both this and the alternator diameter Poll :)

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
There was not an option to vote for a PS AND a water pump pulley, so I voted for PS. If this feature is added I would like to purchase both.
Not sure what you mean.

There will only be a 2G power steering pump pulley made as the 1G power steering pulley is part of the shaft and is not changeable. The 1G & 2G water pump pulleys are both listed.

calgst95

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
bakersfield, California
The poll only allows for one option, I’d like the alt, p/s and the water pump pulley, please
Not sure what you mean.

There will only be a 2G power steering pump pulley made as the 1G power steering pulley is part of the shaft and is not changeable. The 1G & 2G water pump pulleys are both listed.
both

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Based on the current votes the minimum has been met for the 2G P/S and Water Pump Pulleys. We need each of you to send us a PM with your name and address so we can verify you, as a DSM Tuner member, when you place your deposit through our web-site.

We are going to give everyone in the alternator buy the rest of this week to sort out the sizes based upon our last post in that thread.

Next week we will provide instructions on completing your deposits.

The crank and 1G Water Pump Pulleys need some additional commitment so we will give those more time.

Thank you all for your support of this effort. We look forward to completing these pulleys, hopefully getting others off the fence future group buys and also having hopefully having the opportunity to make other products for the community.

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Alright so it looks like the 2G guys are raring to go :)

We would like to go over the p/s and water pump pulleys again to make sure all the dimensions in our old drawings are spot on. Anyone in the group that has samples they could send us please PM and we will send you a label to ship them to us. We will pass on a 25% additional discount for the assistance :)

BrandonM

Probationary Member
Jun 21, 2018
Penhold, AB_Canada
As we finally nailed down the alternator pulleys we need to quantify interest in the other pulleys based on previous threads.

- P/S pulley: 10% underdrive and is for 2G only unless you have upgraded your 1G to the 2G pump.
- W/P pulleys: 10% underdrive. 1G is serpentine and v-belt and 2G is double serpentine.

Crank Pulley
10-19 $220
20-29 $200
30+ $180

Power Steering Pulley
10-19 $150
20-29 $130
30+ $120

Water Pump Pulley
10-19 $200
20-29 $180
30+ $170

Crank and W/P $15.73
P/S $11.33

I’d like to add my name to the list for a power steering pulley, a water pump pulley and an alternator pulley (if being made). Please contact me if you need further information.

Cheers

Boomdeeze

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Independence, Minnesota
Adding the 10% under drive to the water pump with already having the Fluidampr under drive, what will that do for my alternator? This will add more under drive to my stock alternator correct? I just don't want to lose too much charging at idle.

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Adding the 10% under drive to the water pump with already having the Fluidampr under drive, what will that do for my alternator? This will add more under drive to my stock alternator correct? I just don't want to lose too much charging at idle.

What is the FD underdrive percentage?

Sorry for the slow reply!

Boomdeeze

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Independence, Minnesota
Looking the FD pulley, the two belt "lips" are equal size. On the stock pulley, the outer lip is smaller in diameter which drives the water pump and alternator. I don't know the percentage of the FD though.

unorthodox

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2009
Gainesville, Georgia
Looking the FD pulley, the two belt "lips" are equal size. On the stock pulley, the outer lip is smaller in diameter which drives the water pump and alternator. I don't know the percentage of the FD though.

FD needs to provide you with the underdrive percentage of its crank pulley, top of the grooves of the FD pulley versus the stock pulley top of the grooves for each belt section.

BrandonM

Probationary Member
Jun 21, 2018
Penhold, AB_Canada
Have we gained anymore traction for the power steering or water pump pulleys?

90laserRSfwd

Proven Member
Mar 5, 2007
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
I'll buy a 1g waterpump pully when / if one is made. Stock or 10% underdrive is fine. Underdriven would be ideal. I have an ATI damper (larger dia. then a stock 1g crank pulley, so I'm told).

LethalInjection

Probationary Member
Jul 18, 2018
Portland, Oregon

Crank Pulley
10-19 $220
20-29 $200
30+ $180

Power Steering Pulley
10-19 $150
20-29 $130
30+ $120

Water Pump Pulley
10-19 $200
20-29 $180
30+ $170

Crank and W/P $15.73
P/S $11.33
Count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds