The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Crank no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the car was running fine before changing the starter, then should re-check if you connected back all connector /cables. All ground cables, too. Also check if you didn't damage wirings for sensors, such as for CAS, water temp sensor etc. If the car was not running before then there are several possibilities that cause no-start issue. But sounds like wrong ignition timing or wrong valve timing which is spark plug cables are connected to wrong cylinders. or the timing belt is not set correctly.

When did it stop starting, did you just go outside one day and it wouldn’t fire? Is it after you replaced something?

Unplug your injectors, your flooding the engine, dont plug them back in until you get the fuel out of the cylinders and clean dry plugs. You might want to buy a new coolant temp sensor at this point, and Im referring to the ecu temp sensor, and not the gauge sensor, there are two different ones.

Unplug your injectors, your flooding the engine, dont plug them back in until you get the fuel out of the cylinders and clean dry plugs. You might want to buy a new coolant temp sensor at this point, and Im referring to the ecu temp sensor, and not the gauge sensor, there are two different ones.

Where can I get that sensor?

When did it stop starting, did you just go outside one day and it wouldn’t fire? Is it after you replaced something?

Went out one morning it was like -11 out and it would fire over. After a lot of troubleshooting pulled the started and had it tested and it was bad so I replaced but it may have burned it from me cranking over. But still no start

If the car was running fine before changing the starter, then should re-check if you connected back all connector /cables. All ground cables, too. Also check if you didn't damage wirings for sensors, such as for CAS, water temp sensor etc. If the car was not running before then there are several possibilities that cause no-start issue. But sounds like wrong ignition timing or wrong valve timing which is spark plug cables are connected to wrong cylinders. or the timing belt is not set correctly.

Was running fine one night then the next morning it wasn’t. The post above this explains a little more. Plugs are all good I never messed with any of that

Let’s say worst case, the car jumped time. What am I looking at? Pistons and valves? How much would it cost to fix. I have money to spend I just want to know what I would need to buy. I think I’d just like to go stock spec on it I don’t plan on doing anything crazy to it maybe a 16g someday. I know a guy with a shop who specializes on 4g63s he has a built 1g so atkeast I know the job should be done right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back