The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Crank but no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb123

Probationary Member
Jul 8, 2012
mesquite, Texas
Hi everyone im new to the dsm forums, not only am i new but i recently traded my car for a 96 eclipse gst, also my first, what i noticed right away was that i had very poor acceleration kind of like i was pulling a train, after a week i stalled out in the middle of the road and had to push it back home. i tryed turning it on a couple days later while it just sat there in the parking spot but it would crank but not turn over, i replaced the 02 sensor, knock sensor, spark plugs, wires, and also the battery terminals cause they were bad, i also took off the gas cap and had someone turn it not all the way on while i listened but i didnt hear nothing , maybe a bad fuel pump? or clogged fuel filter????, ive also noticed a large number of vaccum hoses with nothing on them (vacuum leak?)

guys i have a new coil pack, the crank sensor is new also, BUT the power tr unit was not grounded to anything can that be my problem to no spark?

guys i have a new coil pack, the crank sensor is new also, BUT the power tr unit was not grounded to anything can that be my problem to no spark?

i hate to keep pushing the cps but it truly sounds, well from what i have read sounds like the same exact problem i had so i ask

The crank sensor is new as in was on there new before the problem occurred or you put it on after the problem occurred???

if in fact you installed it after the problem occurred make sure it is on as showed in this picture usually the quality control paint dots out
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

BUT the power tr unit was not grounded to anything can that be my problem to no spark?
Could be. It does have a ground wire but the back side (also ground) needs to be bolted onto the head for a better ground and also to disipate heat.

Here's what is needed to get spark: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...art-no-fuel-prime-no-spark.html#post151265626

BTW the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) is the one on the crank sprocket while the Cam Angle Sensor (CAS) is the one on the end of the intake cam shaft. Use this terminology please so we know which you are talking about.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back