The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Craked valve cover will JB WELD STICK PUTTY WORK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flybiyou

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2003
somewhere, Illinois
Basically what the question says will it work or not. Just need it to hold for 3 weeks till I get my new one. THANKS AJ

I believe I have seen other members use JBWeld as a temporary fix. Just make sure to get the metal very clean.

I just put some JB weld on my cracked cover yesterday. Just a temp fix until my new V/C gets back from the powdercoater. seems to be working great so far.

Chris

Thanks for the posts I searched on the forms and found jb weld will work but none of you said which kind theres the tube kind you mix and the putty stuff but thanks for the posts.I got one from the junk yard im going to clean it up and check for cracks before i put it on the only thing I really see wrong with it is the stem that comes out for the VC vent is tilted up i think it was bent so I dont know if it will leak there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back