The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Couple questions on upcoming set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teevee

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2004
So Cal, California
Hey all, it seems I've outgrown my evo 16g and I'm stepping it up. Right now my eyes are set on the PTE 5031 RLE dual ball bearing, PTE 3431 RLE dual ball bearing (maybe too big.)Or the SBR G-50 BB. (Which one do you guys recommend? )

Something bigger but not too big. Main goals still lay in road racing, with poradic drag racing and maintainable daily driving.

External WG are a new thing to me so I have a couple questions.

I have an evo manifold that sbr already semi prepped for a external WG, all I have to do is drill the actual hole for the WG. Other then the external WG itself what else will I need? Maybe piping? ( I plan on dumping it. ) What's the deal with the XTREME silicone nomex diaphram? Is it worth the $25 upgrade? Finally what spring do I need? SBR lists from .25 bar to 1.6 bar.

Thanks for the help all.
:thumb:

The spring you choose determines the lowest boost you can run.

My buddy runs the xtreme diaphram and he is having some slight issue's with his external, might be the diaphram might not be...

The lowest boost I would be running would be the stock boost of 10-12 psi. The according spring for that is the .7 (10.15psi) or the one lower of .6 (8.7 psi) Is this a fairly common spring? Does a lower spring affect how much you can boost?

teevee said:
The lowest boost I would be running would be the stock boost of 10-12 psi. The according spring for that is the .7 (10.15psi) or the one lower of .6 (8.7 psi) Is this a fairly common spring? Does a lower spring affect how much you can boost?

Yes it does.

I'd get a 1bar spring at the lowest.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back