The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Counter-strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sting0004

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2002
Buckscounty, Pennsylvania
Ok Ive been hearing alot about counter-strike on here so I'll just start a thread about it. I still play CS 1.5 not because I'm a noob but because someone already registered my cd key for 1.6 and Im just too lazy to search for a new one. Ive been playin CS for close to 3 years now and I play it at least a couple hours every other day. My names have been CLASSIFIED, $uicida|, |2uth|ess, |3astard, and a few others. My current name is ho|ic. I have been in too many clans to name, as of now me and my roomate play for fun and just whoop up on the people in public servers. Not trying to brag just sharing my experience. Wondering if any of you guys want to play some time, we could get a game together. By the way if anyone hasnt heard the CPL tournament's cash prize to first place is $100,000.00 this year, thats insane. Anyone want to see some entertaining videos go to csflicks.net .....you got to register but the videos are awesome. ~Matt

What serversdo you play on, what are the ip's.

Attachments

• awpdust.gif
    awpdust.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 254
wait 1.5 is the one without steam right? cause i got f^cked over when steam came out. i used to play CS all the time! if you could still play old CS i would definitely start playing agian

Same here, for some reason the game got all screwed up when Steam came out (CS1.6). Anyone have problems like this too?

I'd love to start playing again.

OMG i had the worst time trying to even get steam, let alone have it work trying to connect to it. in my opinion STEAM ruined CS. I used to love that game. Turned out i had been playing against ppl that cheated all the time and i didnt even know it. But hell i got awesome hah. doesnt pay to cheat. But i totally wanna start playing again now.

Yea steam is pretty bad. Just uninstall steam and reinstall counterstrike and get the 1.5 patch. I am at the point where the only time my score will be less than 2:1 is when I play against cheaters. My roomate and I play in any good server we can find, not any particular one. We have played Kansas City CS, Chicago Dust 24/7, TrueGamerz, too many to name. We stick mainly to de_dust, but play de_train, cs_assault, de_dust2, and scoutzknivez. Keep this post going. We should all play in a server together. ~Matt

yeah we should def start a DSM CS server...

my old clan was *GS* then we broke up and a few of us started another for a while... then i moved and havent played for a while, ima gonna check this when i get home in 3 or 4 hours from work and play at whatever IP i see on this site... LOL

my name will be *DSM*-Jesse- :p search for me on gametiger.com

i just uninstalled cs from my lab here at school. a friend on the floor had a server for any1 at the school who wanted to play but no1 plays so i just took it out. i recorded some of my games so im gonna make a vid of it and post it

to get steam to run correctly this is what you have to do to begin with...

Uninstall every trace or CS or HL on your computer...For some reason it can mess with the new install. Then download the steam installer and go from there. Many many people have had to do this otherwise you end up with 100% cpu usage and a FR of like 5.

Yea Im at Penn State, so my connection is pretty good. I have a laptop, but Its fast as hell and its got a Gforce 64mb graphics card, gotta love Dell. I have an external keyboard and mouse, so I can actually play. Would you guys all want to play CS 1.5 or try to get 1.6 to work? I cant play 1.6 untill I get another cdkey. Either way lets decide on 1.5 or 1.6 and we can find or make a server to play in. Let me know. ~Peace *DSM*-ho|ic- haha

2 to 1 is good but my best score ever is 120-4 ... i was on a ####ing role .. no one could touch me .. it was great .. and where do you get the 1.5 patch for free .. i would really like to start playing again...

just dl steam and run it with your old cd-key. If your key was stolen you have recourse with valve...call them.

1.5 will be going down soon as the won servers will no longer be maintained....

1.5 is installed right now... I have 1.6 form when it first came out, but i think i un-installed it or something... so I would rather play 1.5...

CS = :barf: :thumbdown

It was kewl back in Beta 3-7, but around Beta 7 they turned hardcore anal sellout and the game got ### quick :/

The next badass game is gonna be Soldner: Secret Wars :)

WTF i just installed my CS and downloaded the 1.5 patch but it wont fuggin update it. ugh im really in a CS mood too!

uninstall it and DL steam then get the CS part of it......

Steam is a stand alone and needs to have HL and CS uninstalled for it to work

I have 1.5 and it works fine its only kind of slow and laggy, but thats because i have a cable internet divider hooked up so you can use it on 2 different computers.

Last semester for a few months I played 1.6 as "bi*** Please" until one day my CD key stopped working. I'm too lazy to go buy the game, or do something about it.

Yea my best score is 141-3 back when I played de_rats hardcore. Crankbender I know 1.5 will become obsolete but I am perfectly content with playing it as long as it lasts. I know steam is actually a better setup and the play is actually better but I just cant stop playing 1.5. I guess I just hate change. If you need the 1.5 patch just search on google, there are tons of sites that still have it. If anyone, crankbender you seem pretty knowledgable, knows how to host a server, someone should make one. Even if its a small 10 person or less server running off cable it would still be neat to play. I would host one but Penn State just put up a firewall that restricts servers. I could get my brother to put one up for any of you cs 1.5 people, it would only hold 8 of us or so before becoming too laggy. Let me know if your interested, I can tell you the IP. Thanks alot, Matt

I don't play this much anymore cuz I suck but I have one friend thats freaking amazing at it. He does tournaments for money and crap and he's sponsered and they bought him a house w/ free comps and crap to practice on. He's elite at the game. His name is lektrix, or lextrix or something along those lines. Or at least that used to be his name.

I've been playing a ton lately, still running 1.5 as well. I haven't tried 1.6 yet, just because I haven't really heard good things. I don't really have any single name I use all the time cuz CS is a great game for goofy ass names *grins*. Usually play on like 1.5 UW Chem.

Anyone playing right now

gimme an IP

I might go pick up my FMIC today so not 100% sure just yet!!!!!! im excited! but illstill have to wait for piping to finish by next week

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back