The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Counter-Strike HELP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamism

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2003
Sacto, California
Alright, so I always used to play this game.. I think every aspect of it is badass. I used to live in Korea and they have PC places everywhere.. So playing Counter-Strike with the buds was practically a ritual. I move out here to Cali and try to play it but my COMPUTER is such a p.o.s. I can't even get on.

Whenever (rarely) I do get to make it into a game it is soooo laggy. Before I even know it I'm dead. It's not smooth at all... Any of the computer/gamer people know what I need to get in order to play Online Multiplayer First Person shooting games? I really need to play. I have DSL right now, so I doubt it's my connection.. Maybe the video card? Rigth now I have a Hewlett Packard that's a few years old. HELP ME PLEASE.

Go to the "run" command in The Start menu and type in "DXDIAG" (no "'s) and tell me your

Proccesor speed
RAM memory
(then go to the video selction)
Video Card
Video Card MB?

And then ill tell you what you need, also r u using steam?

About two years ago I had the same problem. I have cable and a decent comp so I knew it wasn't that. Turned out it was the firewall on my computer for some reason. It made all the graphics incredibly slow and I had the same problems you listed. I thought it was my Video Card before I finally realized it was the firewall.

hehehe i have the same problem as you... my computer is about 2-3 yrs old, shit man i kno there is alot ob pc cafe in freakin cali!!! why dont you just waste about 1 or 2 dollar to go there?? hehehe i live in jersey and they is alot ob pc cafe!!! or what you could do is go spend about 500-600 and pick up brand new computer n upgrade video n sound card? both of those thing helps alot cuz i use to play cs everyday :D

there is also a couple settings you can change under your video options in the game, try the 3 different seets and see how it works for you. OpenGL, Direct 3D, and software. Also, you could be connecting to a far away server. Just cause your conenction is fast means nothing. Try to find a local lan and use their server as a test server. Or go into your filter options when looking for a game and change the latency filter so that it is below 100

ok you folks with OEM's you probably don't have alot of expanding room... especially if they are 2-3 years old. I mean yea a PCI card will work fine but it probably isn't what your looking for. My friend has a Dell from last year and they didn't even give him an AGP slot on the motherboard. Counter-Strike doesn't take much to run at all, I run it on my Presario 900 laptop at times, it lags alittle but not enough to matter. Also if you are running with an OEM i doubt you can run OpenGL mode just because you are also probably using onboard graphix which suck hardcore. but if you just get like a decent Rage you shouldn't have many problems. Unless you are using a computer that sucked 2-3 years ago then you will probably have processor trouble. In my opinion everyone should learn to build their own computers and run Gateway and Dell out of buisness then there would be more problems and i would beable to go out fixing peoples computers and make lots of money. :thumb:
Hope that helped

-Travis

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back