The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

COULD BE A DUMB QUESTION LOOKING FOR HONEST FEED BACK (EBAY FMIC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James_24

Proven Member
Sep 25, 2018
Puyallup, Washington
My situation is simple, I have a 93' eclipse gsx. I do not have the smic any longer and I am on a budget i am putting my car back together now and almost have the engine back in, now i need a fmic. I have a authentic BIG 16 g turbo and im not sure of the limits these go to on boost but I simply want to get my car on the road after 4 years of jack stand garage sittin. I realisticly will only be making around 320 awhp and i have ecmlink as well but im not sure if i should just spend the inital money on a good fmic or spend dirt on an ebay one . i know you get what you pay for but has anyone had luck with any of the shit from ebay? Thank You.

I have no experience with that kit but be prepared to have a lot of fitment issues that will likely lead to spending more money on fabrication/pipes. Your best bet is to look for used piping with a decent vrsf or ets intercooler. Just be prepared to fight this kit on intsall. For example there is no j-pipe or throttle body elbow.

Last edited:
I found what looked like a VRSF short route type of kit on that site the other day. I think it was $499 and came with everything a VRSF unit did but the BOV flange was welded onto a longer "tube" then the flange welded to it. It looked a little weird but did look like a complete kit. $499 may not fit in the budget though.
Is there a reason you want to go with a FMIC and not just keep the SMIC?

ive had luck with both FMIC and big turbo kits on EBAY, personally, but the FMIC kits never have the perfect fitment like if you spend an extra $$ to buy a good name brand, but if you have good couplers and some pipe cutting tools, ebay ones are good to go with, IMO

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back