The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Correct oil pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_-Ax-_

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2009
Topeka, Kansas
Just bought an oil pressure gauge and would like to know the proper stock oil pressure.

Thanks in advance. :rocks:

Anyone?

Here's some pics. Literally just finished the install.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Start it up. Tell us what the pressures are when the engine is cold and when it is warmed up.

Yea, about that. The head is currently off. :D I'm doin head gasket, ARP studs, top end gaskets, etc, etc.

I believe warm at idle it has to be above 11. I just rebuilt mine so running down the road its almost 80psi, but I believe 50-60 is normal. I would worry more about getting the head on and engine time correctly first. Your getting ahead of yourself.

Actually, I'm not. ^ The head is currently at the machine shop so I figured I'd hook up the gauge during the downtime I have. And was on here last night and was curious what correct pressure was. :)

Not my first rodeo, dog biscuit. ;)

cold start my oil pressure is around 40psi. warm around 18psi and at 65mph its arond 75psi. I hope this helps. I run 10w40 gtx.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back