The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Corner Weight?? Anyone??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowUglyDSM

20+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2002
Grand_Rapids_MI
Does anyone know where and how can I get my car corner weighted? Can't afford a set of corner weight scales because they cost a TON!
Anyone has some info??

I know I am bringing back a SUPER OLD thread, but who cares.

I bit the bullet and bought some scales:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anyone in the surrounding area need your car corner-weighted? It would be nice to re-coupe the money back on these expensive scales!

I bought the scale setup for $1000. They had one model up for an extra $300, but the ONLY thing it did differently is displayed some more information and calculated cross weight and a few other things. So i just figured out the calculations, and made up a simple excel spreadsheet. So far everything has been working GREAT. The brand I bought is the Rebco 1 Weight Scale System. I called up Rebco for some information and they were GREAT!!! Gave me great information, and has awesome support if you need a replacement part. I HIGHLY recommend them, if anyone is looking at buying a set, call up Misty at Rebco for information. Otherwise if you are planning on buying a set, call up Kyle at Performance Auto Bodies in Iowa as they are a exclusive dealer for Rebco.

We use the same brand scales to setup all the track cars at the shop i work in during the summer race season. Great tool to have. I need to get my car over there and work on getting the front end balanced out for the coming season, I know the rt/front needs some weight on it BAD. If i can't afford coil overs at the time, ill use shims in the sway bar mounts to adjust them.

Have you adjusted your weights and noticed any difference? You know you can actually change corner weights a BUNCH of ways, including changing toe, caster and camber. I didn't believe it until i was shown, but it will make a difference. We align all our track cars with string and a set of scales... The funny part is they track almost perfect when we're done and the wheel is centered too. but they are are a little twitchy because we set most of them up with 2* toe out in the front.

We use the same brand scales to setup all the track cars at the shop i work in during the summer race season. Great tool to have. I need to get my car over there and work on getting the front end balanced out for the coming season, I know the rt/front needs some weight on it BAD. If i can't afford coil overs at the time, ill use shims in the sway bar mounts to adjust them.

Have you adjusted your weights and noticed any difference? You know you can actually change corner weights a BUNCH of ways, including changing toe, caster and camber. I didn't believe it until i was shown, but it will make a difference. We align all our track cars with string and a set of scales... The funny part is they track almost perfect when we're done and the wheel is centered too. but they are are a little twitchy because we set most of them up with 2* toe out in the front.

Yup, lots of different ways to move weight around. I have not done a whole lot of anything to my car yet, have not really had time at all. Busy time of the year at work plus I am working on my CCNA and MCSE certifications. The DIY alignments can be nearly dead on if you take your time and be VERY precise when lining all the strings up.

I will se if any of the stock 1g guys will want to weigh their car around here.

wow looks like next time i am in Stevenspoint ill look you up and weigh my car in. what are you looking at for a session?

A full session to corner weight your car i would like to get about $45. Its not to make a profit, just to get a little money back. I checked out a few other shops and what they charge to corner balance a car and its about $200. If you just want to weigh your car, i'll do that for free. that wont take very long at all.

When i get back thursday, can I get my car weighed quick? I'm doing work on it over winter and want to see my change in weight. Also, I may need to use your trailer thursday, my car might not make it back home, as it is not in great running condition now:cry:.

Having cross weighed my 1g, I am amazed to see how close the R/L balance is on your car. Please tell me those numbers are w/o drivers weight added!

Having cross weighed my 1g, I am amazed to see how close the R/L balance is on your car. Please tell me those numbers are w/o drivers weight added!

First off yes those are without drive. But they are decent numbers. I have not touched the suspension at all. So these settings are exaclty how Jtoby left them. Props to you Toby!

I am however going to see if I can tweek it a little to better level it out with me in the car. Going to move some weight around to more even out the static weight.

I have a low buck set of scales. I bought these from a friend, they are measured with bathroom scales.They are 4 to 1 of the weight on the scale. I bought them for 100.00.You can see a picture of them in Carrol Smith's book, Engineer to win page 219

I have a low buck set of scales. I bought these from a friend, they are measured with bathroom scales.They are 4 to 1 of the weight on the scale. I bought them for 100.00.You can see a picture of them in Carrol Smith's book, Engineer to win page 219

I was debating buying a set of those. They are consistent which is key, but I wanted some hard-core numbers so I bought the "full" scales.

Also, the book by Carrol Smith is a must read. He has a few books out there that I would highly recommend.

This may be a stupid thought, but shouldnt you weigh your car while you are inside it? After all you are going to be inside it adding weight to a specific corner everytime you drive it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back