The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Coolant temperature sensor wiring diagnosis

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh-b-1g

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2009
kokomo, Indiana
Exact issue first. Then what I did immediately before the issue.

Coolant sensor circuit malfunction code on v3 lite is, of course, making the car run very rich. Just about won't start. When I measure the voltage of the white striped feed wire, it reads 4.7-4.9. When I read the solid black wire I get 6v instead of ground.

I recently cleaned up some wiring in my car and broke the wires off of the 2wire coolant temperature sensor plug. I depinned the connector and removed the remaining wire and crimped in new ones. Then I put spades on the other ends and installed the patch harness Next, like a true dummy, after a quick check of the internet, and not immediately finding it in my FSM, I just guessed and tried it. No bueno. Then tried the other way. Same. One or both of the leads may have touched the positive battery terminal while I was working. It was 5am after starting work on the project at 10am the previous day, so I was probably too tired to be doing any wiring. Hoping I didn't fry the coolant circuit.

Link reads -74° no matter what I do unless I lock the voltage check box which yields no numerical value on a log. When I do lock that voltage, I get intake air temp, and parometric pressure codes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back