The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Coolant temp sensor voltage source

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reese92tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2004
Raleigh, North_Carolina
I would like to know where the coolant temperature sensor gets its power from. For some reason I'm not getting any voltage to my coolant temperature and I think that's the cause of my car running like s**t and not producing any power. I've replaced piston rings, bearings, head gasket (cometic), etc and my compression is in the 160's, I've replaced the turbo (evo 16g), I've checked for boost leaks numerous times and wherever I had leaks I've fixed them (injector insulators, shaft seals, isc flange), I've replaced everything ignition related (plugs, wires, coil pack, power transistor). I've tried adjusting my ignition timing to the right point but with the CAS all the way over to the left, I still can't get my base timing below 9 degrees btdc at 750rpm. I'm sick of my car feeling really sluggish and not producing any power, it makes boost just fine but the rpm's climb really slowly and there isn't much pull.

It gets power from the ECU. The sensor works by making resistance based on it's temperature. If your not getting any power through it check the plug pull it apart and make sure the wires didn't break inside or corrode really bad.

You must be timing the car wrong if your getting 9* for your base setting. It might idle fine like that but your ECU is going to advance the timing too much you might be causing knock if that's what your timing really is. check this site out for info on timing http://www.plymouthlaser.com/timin.htm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back