The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Coolant hose interchangeability

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoogsx

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 2, 2004
Sherman Oaks, California
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I need to replace hose 15 but I'm wondering if that same hose replaces #18 and #5. They appear to be the same size, though just from eyeballing it.
I haven't been able to identify the particular hose though other than it might be (MD112349).

Thanks! I found my car leaking this weekend and when investigating, I found one good hose, one that was cracked and one that is squishy and about ready to fall apart....time to go through all of the other hoses and get them replaced if needed. :/

Thanks! I found my car leaking this weekend and when investigating, I found one good hose, one that was cracked and one that is squishy and about ready to fall apart....time to go through all of the other hoses and get them replaced if needed. :/
I reccomend replacing all of the hoses now. They are all the same age and have had all the same wear. They are all compromised

You can get a hose kit on ebay in any color you want. I used a black kit on my 96. Gst to look original, and a blue kit on my 99 to look custom. They are a great fit and what i would consider an upgrade

Also here is a colored diagram to make assembly and comprehension easier

Just note that many, but not all, of the cheaper coolant hoses can actually sweat coolant right through the hose. You'll see it when the hoses start getting sticky. IF it happens at all.

I reccomend replacing all of the hoses now. They are all the same age and have had all the same wear. They are all compromised

You can get a hose kit on ebay in any color you want. I used a black kit on my 96. Gst to look original, and a blue kit on my 99 to look custom. They are a great fit and what i would consider an upgrade

Also here is a colored diagram to make assembly and comprehension easier

I'll take a look at these. Might as well get a full kit, right....

Just note that many, but not all, of the cheaper coolant hoses can actually sweat coolant right through the hose. You'll see it when the hoses start getting sticky. IF it happens at all.
Any key things to look for? This is the info for one I'm looking at getting. though seems pretty cheap.... :/
hose kit

Last edited:
I have used them in every one of my cars since 2015

Last edited:
When clamped correctly i have never experienced any problems in the 8 cars I have used them on.

that's why I said IF it happens. Sweating through the hose has nothing to do with a clamp.
Climate can also play a role. OP is in Cali, maybe will never experience it.
A generic hose I bought from the auto parts store sweat even from sitting motionless all winter, making itself and everything nearby sticky.

Glad to hear another win from the brandless eBay/amazon parts, though. Generally the first thing people are told around here is to stay away from parts sourced from either

that's why I said IF it happens. Sweating through the hose has nothing to do with a clamp.
A generic hose I bought from the auto parts store sweat even from sitting motionless all winter, making itself and everything nearby sticky.

Glad to hear another win from the brandless eBay/amazon parts, though. Generally the first thing people are told around here is to stay away from parts sourced from either

You can go to the dealer for the factory ones if you want, the more important factor is replacing wear items that can cause catastrophic failure if they leak split or fail.

For me it was always heater hoses that would fail on my hondas. One would get a slit in it behind the intake manifold that would only leak at max pressure when i was driving on the road, and leave no traces of leaks. Hell on one of my dsms in the past, I went to install the hose kit and found that the coolant hoses connected to the throttle body didnt have any clamps on them at all from the previous owner having a the cylinder head replaced 🥴

Its easier to get the complete kit with custom bent hoses for me. They all have had great fitment. My only complaint is the price of silicon vacuum or boost line to match the hoses

Last edited:
The ones that split for me are the soft lines coming off the hard lines under the thermostat. They're sneaky. BF Goodrich be damned, they've still split.

I ordered a gplus kit based on that thread. That specific brand also had good reviews on other forums.

I haven’t installed it or run the car yet tho.
Yep, got the gplus marked ones. Should arrive this next week.

The ones that split for me are the soft lines coming off the hard lines under the thermostat. They're sneaky. BF Goodrich be damned, they've still split.
Yep, those are the faily fail ones for me. Just going to change all the things since I'm in there...

Yeah, in Cali. We get all the joys of the dry heat which has it's own set of issues...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back