The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Any issues with a higher pressure radiator cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMGary

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2010
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hi all,

I need to replace my rad cap (coolant neck cap). The OEM is a 0.9 bar. I have found afew after market ones (greddy/mishimoto/power/apexi) they are all 1.3bar. I have an all OEM cooling system.

Would i have any issues going with a higher pressure cap?

Would it be better for my car? If so, how?

It will give you more pressure which all that means is the boiling point of your coolant will be raised. It just gives the ability to run hotter without boiling out your coolant. I got a mishimoto one for mine.

Like these guys were trying ot say...More pressure in a cooling system makes the boiling point of the coolant to go up...I say OEM, theres tons of part out all the time.I'm sure you can get one for cheap cheap cheap..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back