The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Cool Random Videos with non-DSMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amazing how I've never seen you post here, yet you host a site dedicated to videos of our cars.

saw that the other day and flipped. Its that car that had fastest 3000gt in the world in his profile and was asking about what psi to use in his slicks. Then everyone started flamming him because matt monet was faster, even tho matt doesn't drive a 3000gt. Now it doesn't matter how you look at it, 3sx is just flat out faster.

I didn't think they made 3000GT's VR-4's with auto trannies though...

they (mitsubishi) didn't, but since the non turbo models still came with the 6g72 engine, im guessing they used one of those tranies with a combination of the awd output shaft and stuff. Those 3000gt guys are clinically insane when it comes to transmissions. You should see what some of those guys did to fit the jdm gears into their car. If something can be done transmission wise, a 3000gt guy can do it.

Ah. Makes more sense now. Pretty crazy stuff. Now it makes sense why the 3KGT's in GT4 that are N/A are AWD. Wow, too many acronyms...

tstkl said:
amazing how I've never seen you post here, yet you host a site dedicated to videos of our cars.

saw that the other day and flipped. Its that car that had fastest 3000gt in the world in his profile and was asking about what psi to use in his slicks. Then everyone started flamming him because matt monet was faster, even tho matt doesn't drive a 3000gt. Now it doesn't matter how you look at it, 3sx is just flat out faster.

yeah I'm a huge dsm fan, had a talon, conquest, lancer and stealth..I like all things mitsu :dsm: I posted a link to my video site but the mods slapped me around and deleted the link citing it as spam even though it'sa free service.. :thumb:

yeah he caught some crap but they've since beaten Matt's ET, they just need to work on the trap speed. Matt is putting together a 3.7L stroker motor so even though he doesn't have an auto it'll be hard to beat.

19Eclipse90 said:
They are using a JDM AWD auto transmission from an N/A GTO.

correct.. this a something that's never been done because nobody believed it could handle the power but there's a company out there that's beefing them up for us now so it's a whole new world for the platform.

sadly the 3/S platform has lagged behind everyone else, but we're making some really good strides this year, it's a very exciting time for us. :thumb:

Mellon said:
correct.. this a something that's never been done because nobody believed it could handle the power but there's a company out there that's beefing them up for us now so it's a whole new world for the platform.

sadly the 3/S platform has lagged behind everyone else, but we're making some really good strides this year, it's a very exciting time for us. :thumb:

Nelson is running an auto isn't he? And someone else (much less modified) made a video of auto AWD drifting, I forget who it was.
I'm a frequent visitor over at 3si and I've been following up on all the progress the platform has made within the past 5-6 months. It'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers Nelson (if he finally runs it), Matt, and Chris will be putting down next season.
Mellon, I love your video collection, it's the best of the best 3/S's, good stuff to watch.:thumb:

I should call that guy and just laugh into the phone.

$2500 in high end gauges (most greddy), tons of receipts...
To have spent that much he must have duplicates!
This car rolled a 8.1sec qrt mile at 188miles per hour. I rebuilt the engine after each race
Riiight. :notgood:

L2RTSiAWD said:
I should call that guy and just laugh into the phone.

Dude I'm way ahead of ya. I'm even gonna record it and put it on youtube or something. If I get time I will go look at it as well and make up all this crap and take the video camera. Ask him is he swapped vtec cams for better topend and everything LOL.

I think he means a 8 second 1/8th @ 18mph, duhROFL ROFL

The wording he uses is funny. "New battery with receipt and the car will backfire." That's one crappy battery if it makes the car backfire.

I also like how all that's needed to set the timing is an ECM flash. And here all this time I've been thinking you had to move the cam gears/crank/oil pump etc by hand. It sure will save me loads of time now that I know that little trick. I wonder if Autozone will be able to flash set my timing when they clear the engine codes? :rolleyes:

"I rebuilt the engine after every race".

HAHAHA!!! this guy's my freakin' hero!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back