The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Converting driveshaft to 1310 U-joints

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdxnc

DSM Wiseman
Sep 15, 2009
Stanstead, Vermont
Starting this project from an idea Jake Montgomery did for his car but for the 3K rear diff.

Last year I broke 2 oem U joints on the tail section of my driveshaft and we know the cost of the oem are getting ridiculous these days, not to mention availability. I already have the DSS carbon fiber front section so those are solid, this is the weak point in the drivetrain currently. I know a full CF shaft now exists from DSS and I already spoke to them about converting mine but they said it would be better to sell it and buy a whole new one :rolleyes:

So here is the parts list needed, sourced from driveshaftparts.com, I ordered 2 of each because I plan to make a spare.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Jake's for reference:

Shipping it out today, hoping to have it back next week :)

The timing of this is immaculate. I may go for it as well. How’d you choose who to rebuild it for you? Just any willing local mechanic shop?

So this is for a 3k rear or stock 2g?

+1 on who did you choose the build it for you? This is a great idea. I dont like the 1 piece driveshaft, but with the upgraded 2 piece your still limited by the ujoints obviously.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back